Looking back, what gives you a cold sweat ?

At a friends second wedding years ago. There seemed nobody to propose a toast, so................after few sherbets I stood up and proposed a toast to 'Linda and Keith' Oops.... that was the name of her EX!!!! The new husbands name was Phillip!!! I still squirm almost 30 years later, and I have hardly touched a drink since then!!!!!

Are they still married Hetty?

As a kid of about 10 playing on my own on some farm land I decided to check out a drain under a farm track, it was a small oblong shaped drain and by bending down I could squeeze my way into it, but after getting a couple of yards in I could see it wasn't big enough at the other end to get out so I decided to go back, but there wasn't enough room to turn round so I started to back out.

After going a few steps backwards my jacket rucked up my back, and I couldn't go back any further, I was stuck.

After panicking for a few moments I tried moving forwards a few steps and this pulled my jacket back down, so I held on to it at the front and backed out.

Nothing spectacular I know, but for a few moment there it nearly was brown trouser time for me and I've never forgotten it ...

My parents were supposed to be on the main stand at Valley Parade on May the 11th 1985 (Dad's a Bantams fan), but for some reason didn't attend the match.

I'll never forget that terrible day, but it could have been the worst day of my life.

back in the late 70,s when i was young and daft we had a caravan just outside mablethorpe. we went down there most weekends and used to go to a nearby pub for a few pints before going back to the club on the site. one night i had drunk a lot more than usual and just as we came to our site which was on a bend on a narrow country lane, as a result of going too fast and having had far too much drink i lost control of the car and demolished a line of concrete bollards, on the other side of which were a few touring caravans. my car came to rest a few inches from a caravan that had an awning attached. inside the awning fast asleep were 2 young girls, 6 year old twins. if the car had travelled another 3 or 4 feet i could have killed them both. It still makes me shudder now, even though it happened over 30 years ago.

We used to live on Clarence St and when all the houses were being demolished I can remember (as a 6 year old) me and all the local kids going into the empty houses. Some had been partly demolished inside and we thought it was great fun to 'tight rope' walk along the beams in the attic floors....one slip and we'd have fallen through to the bedrooms, then the downstairs and then the cellars. How none of us ever got killed I don't know.

Archived