WARNING re: Working family tax helpline

How the heck have you run up a bill for £70 just on that?

At 5p/minute that's nearly 24 hours!

And I'd have thought that you should be paying less than 5p/minute.

I really do not know :confused: I was told I had redialled over 100 times! That would have worked out around £5. The timer on my phone was seconds- no more than 12! I am at a loss.

If you are on the unlimited-calls plan with Virgin Media, each call to an 0845 number costs 10p a minute, with a minimum charge of one minute, plus an 11p connection fee.

At 21p per call, you'd have to have redialled almost 350 times to run up a £70 bill. Something, somewhere, is palpably wrong.

If you are on the unlimited-calls plan with Virgin Media, each call to an 0845 number costs 10p a minute, with a minimum charge of one minute, plus an 11p connection fee.

At 21p per call, you'd have to have redialled almost 350 times to run up a £70 bill. Something, somewhere, is palpably wrong.

That sounds about right, I have no idea how many times I pressed the redial as I thought it was charged at local rate and i'm on the talk unlimited plan.

Archived