Please help.. libel or slander?

Right. In the OP you asked if slander could be 'upped' to libel by the 'opposition' writing stuff down. That isn't the case.

If you haven't been accused of slander, then what the hell was the OP all about then?

The OP was about Joe9T having been slandered by somebody else. We established that in post one, so why are you having such difficulty understanding it?

I can see why people would misunderstand the OP, I did, until I read the rest of the thread.

So anyway, slander, and Joe would have to prosecute it if he thinks it's worth it. And only slander if it's something they are saying in public, rather than just saying to their solicitor (as this is privileged communication).

I can see why people would misunderstand the OP, I did, until I read the rest of the thread.

So anyway, slander, and Joe would have to prosecute it if he thinks it's worth it. And only slander if it's something they are saying in public, rather than just saying to their solicitor (as this is privileged communication).

Thanks Cyclone, HeadingNorth & andyofborg for clearing that up! :)

Archived