Christmas stuff in shops already ..

Sorry, don't mean to be a scrooge. Its just that Xmas couldn't be further from my mind at this time of year and I prefer to buy closer to the time because if I buy now then when the time comes it won't feel like I've put any thought/effort in because I've just pulled the presents out of the cupboard that have been there ages, and wrapped them.

Maybe if I had loads of people to buy for I wouldn't feel the same though - can be stressful

Sorry, don't mean to be a scrooge. Its just that Xmas couldn't be further from my mind at this time of year and I prefer to buy closer to the time because if I buy now then when the time comes it won't feel like I've put any thought/effort in because I've just pulled the presents out of the cupboard that have been there ages, and wrapped them.

Maybe if I had loads of people to buy for I wouldn't feel the same though - can be stressful

I look at it like this we buy early know that we don`t have to fight over the last toy ,or queue for hours in the hope we might just get one of those items that must have items .All shopping done early so we can enjoy going to see the lights or going for a meal and not have to push and shove your way round crowded stores ................... then we can enjoy xmas a a relaxing time rather than stressed out and worn out

You make a fair point. Its probably because I only have about 4 people to buy for and we don't usually get each other a lot (get the violins out):(

lololololol awwwwwwwww well We always buy an extra gift so the week before we go looking for something and drop it off at the childrens hospital

Thats an excellent idea.:)

I remember calender asking for someone to donate a gift to the kids hospital one year and we have done it ever since .Became a habit and now my wife takes my son there too It make us think that christmas is about giving ..........xxx

lololololol awwwwwwwww well We always buy an extra gift so the week before we go looking for something and drop it off at the childrens hospital

Hey that's lovely, good on you. Its great to support the Children's hospital as well - I feel lucky to have such a fantastic hospital where I live.

I work for a wholesaler and we had christmas stock on show and selling in MAY!

And we also had this seasons christmas gift wrap in for sale this year in December of last year!!

Archived