Best Jap performance car? Under 10k.

Yeah, but the Mazda is only 2 wheel drive so get ready for the torque steer pulling you off the road when you plant your foot to the floor.

Nope, the standard cars are front wheel drive, but it's 4WD for the MPS :)

Plus, in terms of interior spec it depends what model you go for.

Agreed, but I was only talking about the MPS, which is the top model and has tons of kit as standard.

Nope, the standard cars are front wheel drive, but it's 4WD for the MPS :)

Agreed, but I was only talking about the MPS, which is the top model and has tons of kit as standard.

If you really wanted a balls out road car though the Mazda doesn't come close to the Impreza or Evo. It would be way more refined.

Still yet to find myself a new car, EVO is the one though that i am sure of! Just finding the right low mileage one that has been taken care of within my budget....or am i asking to much?

Not asking too much at all. Have a look on the MLR forum, you get some very tidy examples for sale on there.

we're missing the point here, the OP is looking for a fast car. I think he has taken mpg and other costs into account.....dont think he needs a lecture on "why a diesel is better" than a fast petrol car. Maybe he would rather spend his hard earned money on a fast car rather than on alcohol, cigarettes or even drugs etc etc....some people need to realise that someone may have a hobby that is different to theirs and that might just be fast powerful cars...and not watching eastenders or antique funiture.

I personally have owned tdi VWs as well as petrol fast cars, and have drove a lot of powerful diesel and a lot of petrol fast cars.

Personally I would never buy a diesel again, I hate the sound of the common diesel engine, hate the way the torque dies down almost as soon as it kicks in and hate the black smoke which comes out of the exhaust when you put your foot down.

People that drive diesels are just "penny watchers" and need to realise its not all about saving your pennies on running costs and you should take pride in what you drive.

People that drive diesels are people that want to drive a petrol but just cannot afford to.

So stop the jealousy people....

i found my remap turbo diesel more then fast enough over 200bhp and 400, still return over 45mpg on a run. why drive a chavy car, instead of being label a idiot driving a banger, get a vag or mercedes diesel and get it remap.

Just saw the car you are trying to sell, if you drive a civic then even my Specialized bike will feel fast,

so you're trying to say an evo or a nice newish subaru is a banger? you do sound like one of them people that are dying to look as posh as possible thus driving a mercedes...a car cannot determine what you look like...only you can, which says a lot about yourself if you are claiming driving a mercedes does not make you look like an idiot...

i dont think your specialized bike will feel fast as them civics what the OP has in his signature were produced with 169bhp with a LSD gearbox, around the time it was produced (1998) I would say that was really quite impressive. An I can personally guarantee that civic will do 140mph :wink:d

I agree with the previous poster re. Supras and Soarer's.

I have a Soarer TT, so to all you lot who think they have a fast car, here are a few figures:

Power: 350+ bhp (slightly modified, standard is 280bhp).

Acceleration: 0 - 60 in around 5 seconds.

Top speed: around 170mph at a guess (I once saw an indicated 160 on an autobahn, and there was still plenty left).

Fuel consumption: I haven't a clue (and don't want to know...).

It's rear wheel drive, looks sublime (i.e it does not look like a breadbin on wheels with go-faster stripes all over it, scooby, civic and other hideous FF hatches please take note) and cost less than £4000 including all modifications.

Best of all, they are so rare that most people have never seen one before, and haven't a clue what it is.

Lol, To the poster who thinks the Impreza engine sounds good....It sounds like a beetle :D

Only if you are phonically challanged! :hihi::hihi: Beetles are air-cooled & Subaru's water cooled so the engine note cannot, by the laws of engineering, sound the same!

It sure as hell lasts like one....they go on forever!!!

I agree with the previous poster re. Supras and Soarer's.

I have a Soarer TT, so to all you lot who think they have a fast car, here are a few figures:

Power: 350+ bhp (slightly modified, standard is 280bhp).

Acceleration: 0 - 60 in around 5 seconds.

Top speed: around 170mph at a guess (I once saw an indicated 160 on an autobahn, and there was still plenty left).

Fuel consumption: I haven't a clue (and don't want to know...).

It's rear wheel drive, looks sublime (i.e it does not look like a breadbin on wheels with go faster stripes all over it, scooby, civic and other hideous FF hatches please take note) and cost less than £4000 including all modifications.

Best of all, they are so rare that most people have never seen one before, and haven't a clue what it is.

I saw a guy floor one once and it looked very quick, he couldnt keep his backend straight. Have got to say they are well nice and rare. But with rarity comes the problem with finding parts! Which can be a pain!

I saw a guy floor one once and it looked very quick, he couldnt keep his backend straight. Have got to say they are well nice and rare. But with rarity comes the problem with finding parts! Which can be a pain!

You said it all right there. Power is nothing without control! Subaru's & Evos rule!

Archived