Best Jap performance car? Under 10k.

You said it all right there. Power is nothing without control! Subaru's & Evos rule!

Exactly!!! Anyone can go fast in a straight line!!! A real fast car is one that is comfortable with bends/corners at high speeds!!!

All these people that are against scoobys and evos either cannot afford one, have not got the ability to drive one or just need to realise theres more to driving than watching your mpg or crying about your maintenance costs.

Like I've said before, a car cannot make you look like an idiot only you can!

er... I beg to differ. They are too ugly, sound awful and are built like cheap tin cans.

Sound awful compared to what? Built like cheap tin cans....ask a fireman which two cars are worse to cut the roof off .....Yep Subaru's & Evos's....indicating structual rigidity...rally bred!

How many rally's has your Soarer won?

Sound awful compared to what? Built like cheap tin cans....ask a fireman which two cars are worse to cut the roof off .....Yep Subaru's & Evos's....indicating structual rigidity...rally bred!

How many rally's has your Soarer won?

Sorry, I wasn't trying to start a flame war - just pointing out that the reason why a lot of people don't like scooby's has nothing to do with cash. I wouldn't have one because they are not my style - I don't give a toss how many rallies they have won.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to start a flame war - just pointing out that the reason why a lot of people don't like scooby's has nothing to do with cash. I wouldn't have one because they are not my style - I don't give a toss how many rallies they have won.

Fair enough. If you don't like em..you don't like em.... the looks yeah i can see some people might not like them (but i like ugly / agressive looking cars)....but tin cans no way mate. You might find that the reason they last so long is they have little on them.....most of the cars have lots of gadgets can be a time bomb when they get old! My mate had an imported MR2 turbo & the ECU went.....it got sold for parts...crying shame as it was a lovely car as well!

How about a 350z? Proper rwd tarmac monster. You can pick up a import for under 10k and maybe a uk spec with a bit on the clock there is nothing like that v6. And the engine is bullet proof. And it certainly gets you noticed.

Im on 350z-uk.com so im biased!.. But if you dont need back seats its worth a look. ;-)

If your interested nip over to the site and ask a few questions. There are plenty of experienced members who can give you advice.

good call, a 350Z would definitely be on my list. As far as advice for the OP goes, I'd get anything with 2 doors, rear wheel drive, manual gearbox, less than 1500kgs (even then that's way too fat, but jap performance cars are all overweight) and preferably more than 300hp. Then you'll have the makings of a great track day toy.

If you're looking for as much bang for your buck as possible go for the Evo. But be warned, they are very expensive to run (service every 4500 miles, low mpg's, expensive parts). If you are looking for a daily runner that won't cost the earth go for the Subaru.

Exactly as he said. I had an evo 8 which was awesome but servicing and maintenance too much for a daily driver. Now have modded blob sti scoob, cheaper to run and just as quick, good handling. One point to notes with the sti scoob it will cost less to get decent power than an evo.

Archived