Ian Huntley to sue prison service

Forty years was the minimum sentence, I wouldnt like to take a bet on him ever seeing the light of day again. In his position, I'd consider the rope being preferable to 40 years of nothing.

He has 40 years of bed, breakfast and evening meals ,He alone put himself there no one else did

The guy who slashed his throat lovingly held a family at knifepoint and was given life (so I imagine it was even worse than it sounds). To make himself feel better about himself he decided to single out someone he considered evil.

Much like those on here.

He has 40 years of bed, breakfast and evening meals ,
I dont know about your life shefffy, but I wouldn't regard 40 years of bed, breakfast and evening meals in a prison environment as being especially wonderful.

He alone put himself there no one else did

I think you're confusing my objection to the death penalty and 'ripping murderers apart' with sympathy for Huntley, I don't feel anything about him at all, but I know prison for life is the right place for him and satisfies my own negative feelings about the crime he committed.

They may well be, but not to the extent of letting him off.

Blimey, no one's said anything about letting him off!

If someone had started a thread saying his sentence was too long, then I'd be down at Spear & Jackson with you buying an A grade pitchfork ;)

Archived