Ian Huntley to sue prison service

I sincerely hope that Huntley wins this case just to ensure that the prison service takes more seriously their responsibility to keep people that are entrusted to their care and custody as safe from attack by other criminals as can be reasonably managed.

It is a well known fact that a certain kind prison officer have in the past connived with criminals and facilitated violent, sometimes deadly assualts on prisoners that have committed the most distasteful of offenses. This is not acceptable, and if the prison service understands that it will be taken to book when this occurs it will be a little less tolerant of facilitation by rogue officers.

One question: Would the people who are calling for £100,000 to be given to the inmate who successfully murders Huntley still want that money handing over if it later came out that the inmate who succeedded had murdered three kids?

The people who Huntley's locked up with (and therefore have the chance to kill him) are not there because they once mowed their lawn at 10pm. They're mostly violent dangerous criminals, who've either murdered or severly injured one or more people. I doubt any single one of them is contemplating attacking Huntley for the greater good (the greater good). Any of these people - who remember are supposed to be being rehabilitated for possible future release - who attack Huntley are just proving they should never be released and are of the same stock as him.

not when you've taken other peoples rights away

As I pointed out about six pages ago; the definition of "right" is "something which cannot be taken away."

If you want to remove them from Ian Huntley, then they are no longer rights but privileges, and you could lose yours at any time.

Archived