Ian Huntley to sue prison service

As I pointed out about six pages ago; the definition of "right" is "something which cannot be taken away."

If you want to remove them from Ian Huntley, then they are no longer rights but privileges, and you could lose yours at any time.

have you ever read crime and punishment by dostoevsky?

on the news today, the interviewer talking to some mp (i think) and said "in prison he should be free from attack" or words to that effect................its a prison fgs its full of violent criminals lol, its prolly the place youd expect to get attacked :suspect:

couldnt agree more .

What a disgusting thing to say .

i CAN see where spindrifts coming from, some prison officers DO get pleasure out of letting certain inmates exact revenge

BUT

having said that i believe if need be they should change the law making it so the likes of huntly etc cant gain funds from attacks

if he didnt commit that crime he wouldnt be inside and wouldnt be targetted by violent individuals

the only true way to keep him "safe" would be to lock him in solitary, but then hed prolly sue em too

i CAN see where spindrifts coming from, some prison officers DO get pleasure out of letting certain inmates exact revenge

BUT

having said that i believe if need be they should change the law making it so the likes of huntly etc cant gain funds from attacks

if he didnt commit that crime he wouldnt be inside and wouldnt be targetted by violent individuals

the only true way to keep him "safe" would be to lock him in solitary, but then hed prolly sue em too

I agree the law has to be changed ,so no prisoner can sue for anything.

i think this is now a priority for the government to do .

Yeah , there will be some human rights activists jumping up and down , but for once , the law needs to be weighed in favour of the victims - not criminals .

Juliet Lyon, director of the Prison Reform Trust, said: "The importance of maintaining a decent, civilised prison system and the demanding duty of care on all staff to hold people in prison safely and securely, regardless of their crimes, must not be allowed to be obscured by understandable concerns about a rising 'compensation culture'.

"When the courts sentence offenders to custody, they sentence them to loss of liberty and, hopefully, to the chance of some form of rehabilitation, not to violent attack or abuse."

I agree with her

Archived