Ian Huntley to sue prison service

Forty years was the minimum sentence, I wouldnt like to take a bet on him ever seeing the light of day again. In his position, I'd consider the rope being preferable to 40 years of nothing.

But we are not getting retribution.

He took from us two little girls, who would now be young women, in a foul and brutal fashion, and never explained why.

He gets to wake up every morning, in comfort, is fed and watered, watches TV and has access to lawyers etc.

This is not right.

He should be excecuted, as should all other child killers.

No civilized person would want it. It serves no purpose.

That is foolish.

Retribution is what we do need.

I need to vent my spleen, and seeing someone like Huntley swing would do it nicely.

Keeping anger bottled up serves no purpose.

As I said, no civilized person would want it, because it serves no purpose.

You consider it civilised to incarcerate an animal for 40 years then?

What is the point in that?

Huntley is a human animal, he has the power of reason, and of fear.

He is laughing at us now, but if the Judge had the power of the black cap, the smirk would be wiped off his face.

You consider it civilised to incarcerate an animal for 40 years then?

What is the point in that?

It's the price he pays for murdering two children.

Huntley is a human animal, he has the power of reason, and of fear.

That's why 40 years in prison is bad news for him, I guess he isn't jumping for joy when he wakes up everyday in the same surroundings, knowing he won't enjoy the simple pleasures the rest of us take for granted.

He is laughing at us now, but if the Judge had the power of the black cap, the smirk would be wiped off his face.

I guarantee Huntley is laughing at nobody. He's the number one hate target in prison-as you say he has the power of reason and of fear. A couple of days of absolute madness 9 years ago, has cost him the rest of his life, if he evaluates his position I doubt he'll believe it was worth it.

It's the price he pays for murdering two children.

That's why 40 years in prison is bad news for him, I guess he isn't jumping for joy when he wakes up everyday in the same surroundings, knowing he won't enjoy the simple pleasures the rest of us take for granted.

I guarantee Huntley is laughing at nobody. He's the number one hate target in prison-as you say he has the power of reason and of fear. A couple of days of absolute madness 9 years ago, has cost him the rest of his life, if he evaluates his position I doubt he'll believe it was worth it.

OK, but Holly and Jessica still lost ther lives to that brute.

and if their parents can act with dignity, there's no reason for us not to.

will hanging Huntley bring them back? will it undo what he did? Erm... no.

As I said in a post that's vanished:- killing him makes us no better than him.

Let him fester for forty years. No publicity, no notoriety for him to get any kicks out of... Suits me down to the ground.

If executing Huntley would bring them back, then I'd volunteer to be the hangman.

There isn't a value placed on Huntley's life that can be traded for the loss of Holly & Jessica, and offered as compensation to the parents.

There has been no kneejerk response in the news from any of the parents of the girls. I've long admired them for their dignity and courage and for their apparent realisation that nothing that could happen to Huntley would make any difference to what had already happened.

The most important thing is he can't get out and do it again. And the law has made sure of that.

I don't believe however that he should get any financial compensation for his injuries, I understand the prison authorities have a duty of care - but how far can that go when he's in with others of his own ilk. If he sues anyone it should be the guy who attacked him. If he does win a case, then IMO as we are paying for his keep for 40 years the prison service should be able to charge for bed and board!

Archived