Ian Huntley to sue prison service

We're back to the human condition of morals, law and the 'grey area' :huh::huh:

Well it's not really a grey area Bedders, this is an extract from the Act relating to freedom of thought and religion:

Freedom to manifest one’s religion or beliefs shall be subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of public safety, for the protection of public order, health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1998/ukpga_19980042_en_3#sch1

So you can do what you like, provided it doesn't conflict with the rights of others-the right to life being one of them.

I know what you are saying BF but i'm just saying that there are conflictions everywhere! How can you assert you right under Article 9 (saying hyperthetically that you really did believe that eye for an eye was your religious teachings).......if Article 2 overules it? You don't really have any rights undre Article 9 is what I'm saying if you see where I'm comming from.

Bit like these obscure laws that have never been repealed:-It's illegal to eat mince pies on Xmas day you know!

I know what you are saying BF but i'm just saying that there are conflictions everywhere! How can you assert you right under Article 9 (saying hyperthetically that you really did believe that eye for an eye was your religious teachings).......if Article 2 overules it? You don't really have any rights undre Article 9 is what I'm saying if you see where I'm comming from.
Yes, I see what you're getting at, hopefully anyone who believed that an eye for an eye approach to criminal justice is the way to go would choose to live somewhere else!

Bit like these obscure laws that have never been repealed:-It's illegal to eat mince pies on Xmas day you know!

That's one law that should be prosecuted fully, with a reservation for gluten free ones ;)

how long have you been her press secretary?

could you ask her if she thinks muslim countrys are civilised

would it be possible to get her to release a press statement on this in the near future ...mr friday

Well you appear to have an obsession with personalities and stalking them, but the points raised have nothing to do with individuals, that's why I'm able to answer them.

If you'd like to create a question specifically for Plain Talker to answer why don't you ask her what her view of idiots is?

Archived