Ian Huntley to sue prison service

In these debates, i always enjoy it when this statement is made.

A civilised society would have empty prisons instead of overcrowded ones, a civilised society would not breed monsters like Huntley, Sutcliffe and the like, a civilised society would not need the death penalty as by definition..there would be no need for one.

Civilised society.... ours?

Only in the eyes of the blind.

To be fair that's a very valid point!

Dont most muslim countries have the death penalty?

Where do you stand on this?

as boyfriday has said, I stand in the UK, which is not a Muslim country, and as I have posted, time and time again (don't know if you have difficulties reading the milliard posts I have made where I state this, quite categorically) but I don't support a death penalty. At all.

Well you appear to have an obsession with personalities and stalking them, but the points raised have nothing to do with individuals, that's why I'm able to answer them.

If you'd like to create a question specifically for Plain Talker to answer why don't you ask her what her view of idiots is?

Theres no need for that.

sounds like there's a lot of need for it, at the moment.

If you mean the general level of idiocy prevalent on this thread from people like cocker, rather than the medical terminology of "someone learning impaired" then, no, I don't suffer idiots gladly.

as boyfriday has said, I stand in the UK, which is not a Muslim country, and as I have posted, time and time again (don't know if you have difficulties reading the milliard posts I have made where I state this, quite categorically) but I don't support a death penalty. At all.

Im new here so havent seen many of your posts and have no difficulty in reading. I do find that yourself, Boyfriday and some others do have a great deal of difficulty in answering anything in a civil manner.

Id like to ask you a question. Do you support Muslim countries who do have the death penalty? I mean, are they animals or have they got the right idea?

In these debates, i always enjoy it when this statement is made.

A civilised society would have empty prisons instead of overcrowded ones, a civilised society would not breed monsters like Huntley, Sutcliffe and the like, a civilised society would not need the death penalty as by definition..there would be no need for one.

Civilised society.... ours?

Only in the eyes of the blind.

a civilised society would have 40-year tariffs for compos-mentis adults who are convicted of committing murders like the ones Huntley did, preventing them from seeing the light of day.. so, erm. i think that would qualify us as civilised

sounds like there's a lot of need for it, at the moment.

If you mean the general level of idiocy prevalent on this thread from people like cocker, rather than the medical terminology of "someone learning impaired" then, no, I don't suffer idiots gladly.

You make a good case for those who feel islam and its followers (and supporters) are violent and agressive people.

If you really say tat its the religion of peace then wouldnt it be better to act that way instead of all this anger and bitterness?

You make a good case for those who feel islam and its followers (and supporters) are violent and agressive people.

If you really say tat its the religion of peace then wouldnt it be better to act that way instead of all this anger and bitterness?

what anger and bitterness? There's no anger and bitterness in not suffering fools gladly.

Archived