Ian Huntley to sue prison service

Quoting from the latest BCS publication..."Surveys have shown public trust in crime statistics and other official statistics is low and many people believe that political interference in the production of statistics"

Source:- Crime In England & Wales 2009/2010 An overview of the findings.

I don't disagree Bedders, but this is a reflection on the public's perception of crime, rather than what the actual figures are.

I do believe that this distrust is partly down to the reasons I mentioned earlier-with 24 hour news and the internet we're assaulted with stories we might never have heard of 20, even 10 years ago...of course that is just my opinion, and isn't based on any better evidence.

The fact we may even get one is too much for my liking and showing the deterrent isn't working!

I'm not sure a deterrent can work with offenders like Huntley, they're sociopaths who aren't motivated by the conventional rules and boundaries of society.

I don't disagree Bedders, but this is a reflection on the public's perception of crime, rather than what the actual figures are.

I do believe that this distrust is partly down to the reasons I mentioned earlier-with 24 hour news and the internet we're assaulted with stories we might never have heard of 20, even 10 years ago...of course that is just my opinion, and isn't based on any better evidence.

But that's my point NO ONE KNOWS what the real figures are....same as the real unemployment figure & the real population of the country.

But that's my point NO ONE KNOWS what the real figures are....same as the real unemployment figure & the real population of the country.

I would guess the police, prison service and home office know what the figures are, whether they're massaged or not is speculation, so until I'm told otherwise I'll work on the best information currently available.

Prison IS punishment, it isn't FOR punishment.

That is contradiction Tony, its only grammar that separates the issue.

If prison IS the punishment then by sending people TO prison is in actual fact, flexing our vengeance muscles.

Im all for rehabilitation... rehabilitation of thiefs, fraudsters, joy riders and even people who commit murder in the heat of the moment.

Vile perverts who prey on children.. abducting them, raping them, killing them and then attempting to cover his footsteps, are people whom rehabilitation will never effect and i see no reason why society should waste its time, effort and expense in attempting to do so.

I'm not sure a deterrent can work with offenders like Huntley, they're sociopaths who aren't motivated by the conventional rules and boundaries of society.

Well if that's true then where did the original title of this thread from the OP come from? :huh::huh:

if, according to previous post, huntley is never let out of his cell how did he get attacked twice? his seeking pecunary retribution is not only indefensible, its an insult to those two little girls:mad:

Archived