What would YOU do with a space you could use for half of every day?

Hi guys. My dad has a small unit on an industrial estate, and all he has in there are empty cages.

He deals with parcels that get delivered in the morning, then people come to collect them. He's out of there by 10am and the place is empty bar those cages.

I want to utilise the space for something during the daytime but can't think of anything.

So my question to you is 'what would YOU do?'

:confused:

I would utilize it during evenings too, get it safety checked for electrics and power and hire it out as band rehearsal space etc...

I would also see about getting some cold storage (fridges and freezers) and take delivery of online shopping for people and allow them to pick it up on their way back from work (like 5/6pm) (for a small fee, payable on collection)

:) - i'm sure i'll think of some other ideas through the day :P

I would utilize it during evenings too, get it safety checked for electrics and power and hire it out as band rehearsal space etc...

I would also see about getting some cold storage (fridges and freezers) and take delivery of online shopping for people and allow them to pick it up on their way back from work (like 5/6pm) (for a small fee, payable on collection)

:) - i'm sure i'll think of some other ideas through the day :P

I once took part in an online survey when one of the large supermarket chains had a similar idea. I thought it was a brilliant idea but the supermarket never followed it up.

Some good ones here, thanks all. Freezers though would be out of the question as there's no room for them and the cages too. I suggested attaching an electrical crcuit board there and training basic electrics there.

I thought of the band thing too, but next door is Karate, so that is out of the question unfortunately.

Parcel drop offs is one idea, but how would I make money from that?

Parcel drop offs is one idea, but how would I make money from that?

People pay for the convenience of having them delivered with you rather than having to go to the depot. I guess it would only work for people who live nearer the unit than the depot, and who knew about the service and remembered to use it when they ordered.

People pay for the convenience of having them delivered with you rather than having to go to the depot. I guess it would only work for people who live nearer the unit than the depot, and who knew about the service and remembered to use it when they ordered.

Wouldn't there be a question of security and insurance?

Archived