Which TV adverts drive you mad?

The BT ads starring "Adam and Jane" with their crappy relationship we're fed up of hearing about.

They even have thier own section on the BT website:

http://www.vote.bt.com/?s_cid=con_FURL_calls_vote

...where you can apparently vote if she's up the duff or not.

--

Like our votes would make any difference to the ads they've already filmed, a year ago...? yeahhhhh right! *cynic mode on*

Like our votes would make any difference to the ads they've already filmed, a year ago...? yeahhhhh right! *cynic mode on*

If that's the case then they've likely filmed different segments and will broadcast the ones for the options that get the most votes.

While the BT ads are horribly smug, there's a special place in hell for the ad execs who came up with the various 'washing powder as lifestyle-enhancer' ads, the 'child having a stinky poo' ads, the 'hyper-caffeinated idiots getting over-excited about Glade' ads, and the selection of fetid boswellox thrown up to advertise mascara, hair dye, moisturisers and such like.

I cant think how anyone could of ever said in some very important meeting: "Ah yes, these adverts are really gonna help our business! Put them on right away!"

I have to mute the telly when they're on

Agreed!!!

The Halifax adverts used to be fantastic.

Now these ones are absolutely awful. Especially the one with the two blokes/car keys/"Yeah yeah yeah!!!" :suspect:

But none...NONE are as bad a s the Go Compare ones!!!!!!

Aaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!:gag:

It's supposed to do your head in. They make annoying adverts to get people talking about them, which you are now doing ... you even know the name of the product and what they are peddling.

True, to a point, but that approach can be a double edged sword and may be self defeating if it alienates your potential customers. I for one will never use that site - see, i'm not even using the name - simply because i hate the adverts so much, i will always visit one of their competitors like confused or moneysupermarket, so they have definitely lost my business because of their annoying adverts.

There aren't many good one's these days! I liked the funny ones years ago that you couldn't take too seriously, but they all used to advertise vices like booze and fags.

Ones like these made me chuckle & were watchable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEXulXsv1Hw&feature=PlayList&p=973360C15A78C840&playnext=1&index=30

(watch this one right to the end):hihi:

the thing is, you might hate these adverts, but they have done their job.... that being to stick in your head so you don't forget them, your all throwing their names around..

gocompare, halifax, crunchy nut, churchill, halifax etc...

so while we might hate these adverts, they are (if you think about it) the best ones because they have done what they set out to do...

All - absolutely all - bank adverts where they're now trying to appear normal and caring, when they're still just box-ticking, bonus-chasing scum - just like they were before they caused the crisis.

I was going to say "all the Halifax adverts", but you put it much better.

Archived