Are you still smoking?

Im not a smoker but i find the smoking ban in pubs absolutly shocking. People have ALWAYS smoked in pubs, so for the non smokers to demand that the smokers stop doing so is beyond arrogance.

The smoking ban in pubs should be lifted so that pubs can decide weather they want to be a smoking or non smoking premises.

Non-smokers didn't demand the ban. The Government of the time implemented it based on medical evidence. Mainly due the effect smoking has on many employees, not just in the pub trade.

Also bear in mind that a very high proportion of people actually support the ban.

• 2 months later...

3 days so far :)

I can happily not smoke for a couple of weeks and often do not smoke every day, it's when I get to the month stage I start to get twitchy for some odd reason :confused:

I gave up 7 years ago for about 4 years so I know I can do it this time too!

• 1 month later...
...one question though why do most of the poorer type people smoke when the price of fags are so dear?

That's something I'd love to know too. I've seen these poorer type families shopping from the bargain section of the supermarket before nipping off to the baccy counter and purchasing 40 fags :loopy:

As one tobacco company executive famously said: "We don't smoke it. We just sell it. We reserve the right to smoke for the young, the poor, the black, and the stupid."

Smoking is the vice I hate most in other people, so let me go on record and say that those of you who have kicked the nicotine habit have my respect & admiration.

Well done :clap:

x

Archived