Help please I'm ill.. and now i know why! advice please

How do you boil your water for hot drinks, then? :huh:

When you're not out on the prairie cooking up a mess of beans and a saucepan for water for the coffee over a log fire, that is? :D

Coffee maker, nuke water for tea right in the cup, ruby you've been watching too many westerns again...get with the times :)

:shocked:

Did you really just say you make tea in the microwave??

I need to lie down...

I've just spat a pint(UK pint) of tea all over my computer screen. Microwave tea ? Clearly you do not know what tea is.

It has to be made by infusing fresh boiling water with tea leaves. You cannot get a full measure of a container hot enough in a microwave, you need a kettle or a saucepan or it just doesn't work.

Although if you are in USA with their appalling low voltage mains electricity I expect a kettle would take 5 minutes to boil anyhow. In the whole of the rest of the world we have 220v or 230v electricity and a kettle boils in a minute.

I know it sounds daft & we've all done it...but how do you fill your kettle?

Most modern kettles have a filter on the spout. You need to remove the lid to fill the kettle so when it boils and is poured all the crap stops in the kettle. If you fill it through the spout the crap is stuck on the outside of the filter & is poured into your cup!

Hope you are on the mend soon!

i fill my kettle through the spout, i never lift the lid to fill :o how stupid am i,

iam a really clean person that likes to keep a tidy home, but for some reason the kettle has past me by, proberly because i thought i gets boiled frequently so how can any germs live in there, how wrong was i !

Archived