Help please I'm ill.. and now i know why! advice please

:shocked:

Did you really just say you make tea in the microwave??

I need to lie down...

I was shocked as well when an American friend told me they didn't (usually) use kettles over there. Apparently there is no space for something which would rarely be used. In the same conversation I found out they don't have dilute pop (squash) over there as well!

Ours must be used 20 times a day for tea and cooking...

I was shocked as well when an American friend told me they didn't (usually) use kettles over there. Apparently there is no space for something which would rarely be used. In the same conversation I found out they don't have dilute pop (squash) over there as well!

typical american, ive only been without my kettle for a day and im already getting weed off with it!

ok im retching as im typing this but here goes,, im a big tea drinker maybe 11 cups a day... and for the past month or so ive been feeling ill so as hubby, stomach pains headaches feeling sick tierd all the time, just put it down to a stomach bug, but ive just got back from the car boot gone to put the kettle on and noticed something floating in the water, when i emptied all the water out there was loads of black and white gundge at the bottom :gag::gag::help:, ive been drinking out of this kettle for at least 2 weeks when i last cleaned the kettle fully with sterilizer ect and i never noticed it! what should i do, should i visit a doctor or do you think it wont be too much to worry about and it will pass maybe, or do you think this could have poisoned me in some way :help: im really worried and i feel shocking and sick very very sick, disgusting!

No brainer. Go see a doctor. Arent doctors visits free in England?

b...b....b....barely used?? You mean they don't drink tea??

Philistines.

It's a good job the Sheraton's and Hyatt's have kettles in the rooms!!

Don't forget they only have half our mains voltage. This means that it would take over twice as long as us to boil the same water. It would be quicker to use another method to heat water and so they are less likely to use kettles.

Don't forget they only have half our mains voltage. This means that it would take over twice as long as us to boil the same water. It would be quicker to use another method to heat water and so they are less likely to use kettles.
They could use a saucepan! I mean, heating milk/water in a microwave for the vile fluid we call coffee is ok, but for TEA!!! It's a desecration! What would the Chinese think, fgs? :D

They could use a saucepan! I mean, heating milk/water in a microwave for the vile fluid we call coffee is ok, but for TEA!!! It's a desecration! What would the Chinese think, fgs? :D

They'd probably be well chuffed they're making all the microwaves! :hihi::hihi:

Archived