Families from Newhall Road

Sorry Guys & Gals i forgot to add to my original posting that my family was called the Scarborough's - My Great Great Grandparents - Charles & Sarah ( maiden name Batty ) Scarborough ( they came from Doncaster ) - Their Daugther my Great Grandmother Lillie Agnes Scarborough ( Later Tacey ) Married a Arthur James Tacey - Lillie had a Son Charles Albert Scarborough who married Mary Clarke Sharrock - they in turn had the following children - Charles / Frank / Roy ( my Dad ) / Terry / Leonard / Brian / Anne / Marie & Jack. Which is the part of my family that once lived at Newhall Road.

Hi Jamesh2o,

I lived in the same yard as Scarboroughs and Sharrocks during the 50's. I'm the same age as Johny (Jack) Scarborough and we went to Newhall School at the same time. I new your Dad Roy and his brothers & sisters although I can't recollect Anne. John and I spent hours playing in Collins scrap yard which was just over the wall from our yard. We had some great times down there and would go missing for hours on Wincobank hill or Woolley Woods on Ecclesfield Rd. Are there any of this family still surviving?

Regards.

Hi Ya E5006368 ??,

Thanks for the memory - My Uncle Johnny ( Jack ) lives in Parsons Cross with his wife Pat. My Dad Roy died in 1994 - Charlie the eldest died in 1990 in Middlewood Hospital and Len & Brian died in the early 1990s. Therefore there's only Marie / Terry & Frank sit living, as for Anne she was Brians twin Sister who died at birth.

It sounds as if you had a wonderful life when you were younger, do you by any chance have any old photos of that time and if you wish i can forward onto you Uncle Johnnys ( Jacks ) address & number if you wanted to meet up again to talk about old times.

Sincerely

James

Michael Somerset, Just want to say it's great to read all the memories. I was born at 508 Brightside Lane in April51. I've been on here before but l just want to say MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL WHO LIVED IN THAT GREAT NEIGHBOUR HOOD, l see we all wish they could have kept it going. Happy and Healthy New year also.

Michael Somerset, Just want to say it's great to read all the memories. I was born at 508 Brightside Lane in April51. I've been on here before but l just want to say MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL WHO LIVED IN THAT GREAT NEIGHBOUR HOOD, l see we all wish they could have kept it going. Happy and Healthy New year also.

Are you any relation to Arnold Somerset ?

Yes, but which Arnold. My dads brother was Arnold and my cousin about the same age as myself ,son of Arnold.

---------- Post added 23-12-2012 at 01:43 ----------

[/color]

i think iremember arnlold did he live on the next road down from don place and have a brother called pete

Yes, Pete if we are talking same person passed several years ago. He lived on Pitsmoore and then lived out in Aston by the fishing ponds.

---------- Post added 23-12-2012 at 01:48 ----------

Yes, there's only one family of Somerset's l know of in Sheffield. We are big and growing, l can't keep up with them all, having lived in the USA for 20 yrs plus l'm meeting a lot of them.

---------- Post added 23-12-2012 at 01:58 ----------

The Arnold Somerset that worked at Sandersons and then Firth Vickers?

Arnold sr was my dads brother they both worked the steel , my dad was bill and l can't say which company they worked for,. See my chat with don rd dude and you'll see some of my comments.

Edited by Mick51