What's preventing the eradication of social stigma?

Obviously there's the attitudes of the bigoted idiots, but surely there's more to it than that?.

Maybe we're all partly responsible. Do we really do enough to tackle the cruel and bigoted attitudes within our society?

Obviously there's the attitudes of the bigoted idiots, but surely there's more to it than that?.

Maybe we're all partly responsible. Do we really do enough to tackle the cruel and bigoted attitudes within our society?

Nope, I'm better than you, get the point?

What social stigma were you thinking of in particular? In comparison to what life was life when I was a child in the 50s and early 60s, there are no social stigmas left.

Live together unmarried, have a child out of wedlock, be the child aforesaid, be homosexual or lesbian, come to the attention of the police, be out of work deliberately, go to jail, be a pin-up or an exotic dancer. All those 'stigmas' seem to have vanished these days. I'm sure I could think of more, if I really put my mind to it.

We have to be aware that we are prejudiced and judgemental before we can change how we think.
But does anyone care for their fellow man anymore?. Have the bigots got to us? are we now reluctant to stick our neck out for others?

The evolutionary impulse to favour one's own tribe, family, region, country ... over all others, has not yet been eradicated. People can overcome it, but it's still there.

are you refering to the newly arrived immigrants and refugees to our shores?

are you refering to the newly arrived immigrants and refugees to our shores?

It works on that level as well as on many others. It appears in a harmless form in tribal support for sports clubs, and in a harmful and dangerous form in many ways - including, sometimes, in tribal support for sports clubs via hooliganism.

What social stigma were you thinking of in particular? In comparison to what life was life when I was a child in the 50s and early 60s, there are no social stigmas left.

Live together unmarried, have a child out of wedlock, be the child aforesaid, be homosexual or lesbian, come to the attention of the police, be out of work deliberately, go to jail, be a pin-up or an exotic dancer. All those 'stigmas' seem to have vanished these days. I'm sure I could think of more, if I really put my mind to it.

Yeah that's the sort of lines i was think of. I'm not sure what the OP is getting at or point they are trying to make:huh:

Archived