What's preventing the eradication of social stigma?

But it doesn't, any more. In the modern world, we need for all humanity to co-operate, and tribal thinking is positively dangerous.
And we are going to lead the way are we ?

We have been there, done that, and its left us with a great deal of resentment in the world.

'Lets start a crusade for the new millennium, A new age of British divine thinking that the world should adopt because we are right and they are just a load of uncivilized tribal numpties !'

And we are going to lead the way are we ?

It would be a start. Let's change our own attitudes to ones that will fit today's world and reduce the social problems we have in this country, and just maybe some other countries might adopt our example. It's not as if we can force anyone to do so, or should do even if we could.

It would be a start. Let's change our own attitudes to ones that will fit today's world and reduce the social problems we have in this country, and just maybe some other countries might adopt our example. It's not as if we can force anyone to do so, or should do even if we could.
You mean try and amend the mess that multi culturism has brought ? another great idea we had.

You mean try and amend the mess that multi culturism has brought ?

It is not multi-culturalism that causes the mess. It's the oudated, bigoted attitudes of people who cannot accept it.

There are innumerable multi-cultural societies in the world that work quite successfully, so it's absurd to suggest that the one here can't work.

You mean try and amend the mess that multi culturism has brought ? another great idea we had.
Multi-culturalism

hasn't spoilt Britain, it's our Governments inability to view everyone as being being equal that's spoilt it. The laws and legislations they impose must apply to everyone, regardless of our race or religion.

How far do you think you can go with multiculturalism without loosing your own identity ?

Who attitudes exactly are you talking about amending about this brave new world ?

This is always going to come back to 'Muslims' so are you suggesting that they drop it all and we all live under one happy umbrella or that everyone here convert to Islam ?

I say this because we have had all this before when it was the West Indies and they have seemed to fit in well now and theres been a great deal of acceptance on either side but there was not the conflicting attitudes and religious discourse we have now regarding multiculturalism, to many here that word means that the native population does a lot of bending over backwards for the approval of our Muslim citizens.

How far do you think you can go with multiculturalism without loosing your own identity ?

Who attitudes exactly are you talking about amending about this brave new world ?

This is always going to come back to 'Muslims' so are you suggesting that they drop it all and we all live under one happy umbrella or that everyone here convert to Islam ?

I say this because we have had all this before when it was the West Indies and they have seemed to fit in well now and theres been a great deal of acceptance on either side but there was not the conflicting attitudes and religious discourse we have now regarding multiculturalism, to many here that word means that the native population does a lot of bending over backwards for the approval of our Muslim citizens.

Muslims are not the problem here, it's the way of our government and local authorities view and treat ethnic minorities that's the problem. No two people should be treated differently because of differences in race or religion.

Muslims are not the problem here, it's the way of our government and local authorities view and treat ethnic minorities that's the problem. No two people should be treated differently because of their race or religion.
Im not saying they are but you can't irradiate social anything without talking about community differences and Muslims would no more want to be westernized/Christianized than I would want to goto Mosque.

Please give me a little more insight into what you actually mean and how you would go about implementing this line of thought.

Im not saying they are but you can't irradiate social anything without talking about community differences and Muslims would no more want to be westernized/Christianized than I would want to goto Mosque.

Please give me a little more insight into what you actually mean and how you would go about implementing this line of thought.

What more can I tell you?.. our society consists of a diversity of races and religions which the government an local authorities are farcically struggling to cope with.

Archived