BT Vision v Sky

Bt vision for us was a nightmare! but that is only due to BT kept messing with my speed on my broadband so the vision wouldnt work, plus we went through 6 boxed within a month as they all developed faults, each time we had to wait in all day for an engineer to come out, if they turned up few times they didnt.

I stayed with them till the end of my contract and went back to sky, glad i did, vision is ok for programs that are kind of like "on demand" but the tv channels are limited only to freeview, so you pay extra for some not very good programs, i would honestly stick with sky but im guessing other people may love vision, i have had less problems with sky and i know my programs will record unlike with bt.

Ive got to say Sky, but Ive not had Bt vision ..I have loads of Internet friends and family and they all say that my broadband is the fastest by far ,I agree with them I cant knock them 1 bit ....I have Sky+ multi-room, landline, and broadband ad it cost me £46 a month , thats not bad ...Talk talk and other comps have tried to make me change and when Ive told them how much ,they said they cant bead them ...so its Sky for me

We have BT Vision and it is good and I am guessing the recent addition of Sky sports on it will please many. I think though that if you like the usual channels of sky like the movies or Living or Sky 1 then stick with sky.

Used to have Sky+ and then the box died. Got a bit cheesed off with Sky as they wanted £100 to replace even though new customers got it free. Told em where to go and hooked up the vision box that I'd had kicking around. Would never ever go back to Sky.

Also, just renogotiated our contract with BT, bills have gone down a tenner and we've been bumped up to 16mb from 8mb.

had sky for years and years, switched to BT vision, mainly due to price and the fact that on sky there were grillions of channels we never watched!

imo once you get used to how bt vision works its really good!

that said i'm about to switch to Virgin as where i am now living the signal for freeview is rubbish!

Sky will always have the upper hand while they are allowed to restrict BT to Sky Sports 1 & 2 (if I have understood this correctly). For me, a Speedway fan, the shows I want to watch are split between Sky Sports 1, 2, 3, & 4. And often switched at short notice, or even half way through the event. I hear Sky are switching some Champions League football to Sky Sports 3 now that BT have won the right to show Sports 1 & 2.

Having just had my Sky letter telling me the price is increasing by £3 a month, I will be cancelling. At £45 a month just for TV, it is my largest monthly bill. I can't justify it anymore.

Bt have the rights to sky sports 1 2 and 3 but not 4 or Hd. I like BT vision because The adverts drive me mad on sky and only 4 or 5 of the channels are any good the other 400 and odd are rubbish. The packages are reasonably priced and you can swap your packages around if you don't like the one you signed up to, the only down side to the vision is that if you like a popular program that is on a sky channel ie) true blood on FX you have to wait a while before its on the t.v or on demand.

Archived