Moving to America -how feasible?

What's that got to do with it Art :huh:
They were exercising the rights of a sovereign nation to control whoever wanted to enter. It would probably compare to his own nation's right to also do so. But that is conveniently forgotten.

They certainly seem to need some kind of health system in the U.S. ; one that is effective anyway.

In American films, the vast majority of actors and actresses are sleek, handsome, beautiful, with gleaming white teeth and glossy hair----not a pimple in sight ! This is obviously mere propaganda, rather in the style of the old Soviet ' worker-soldier ' films during the Stalin era.

However, whenever we see footage of real-life America, the vast majority look like greasy, overweight elephants in baseball caps, wobbling along Main Street, or squeezing into Walmart. Their skin looks oily and spotty and they quite often look drugged-up.....or burgered-up !

Perhaps even Mr. Obama will have his work cut out making America healthy again. Also, warnings ought to be put on American films,' The Film You Are About To See Bears No Resemblance Whatsoever To Real Life. Children, Teenagers & Weak-Minded Wannabee Pop Stars Must Have Parental Guidance. '

You dont know what you're talking about. The great majority of Americans do have health insurance and are happy with it

It's the 40 million who dont have enough coverage for one reason or another that the new health plan is aimed at

My health organisation has it's own hospitals, clinics, laboratories, pharmacies

and these facitlities are located all over Califonia, north and south

If I need to see my doctor I can get an appointement within 4 days. I pay ten dollars as a copayment per visit. Should I need a prescription I pay ten dollars at the pharmacy. If I needed to go into hospital I would have a private room and pay 250 dollars per day for the first nine days after that there would be no charge and any surgical procedures from appendix removal to coronary baypass would be covered. no charge. No one stays in hospital for nine days anymore anyway, even patients who have had heart surgery done are out in around five.

If I had a medical emergency and couldnt see a doctor right away I could go to one of their big hospitals about six miles from my home where there is a 24 hour emergency service. If I couldnt make it there my wife would call the county paramedic service and take me to a local hospital near my home.

They would treat me and if I needed a hospital stay would be transferred to one of the hospitals in my own health organisation. The total cost to me for any treatment would be 50 dollars only

We pay 114 dollars a month for dental insurance, this covers three cleanings a year and checkups at the same time. There is no charge for any non cosmetic surgery but crowns and other cosmetic surgery require a 50 percent co-payment

I'm quite happy with my health plan and my wife who has a different health plan is happy with hers.

As for Obama getting America fit again.... forget it. A fat slob who has no self control, eats junk food 24/7 and never exercise has only him or herself to blame. There is no authority that can legislate compulsory fitness except the military

Dont believe that the average American is a lard ass either. Walk around any big city and you'll get the true picture, never mind what you see on TV

No more than where I live now in Connecticut Harley, paid $3.40 for a small loaf of Pepperidge Farm white sliced bread the other day :roll:

That's cos you live in Connecticut poppins. It's a rich person's state. I bet a nice 4 bed average family home must cost a small fortune, even more than in California.

I married a coupon cutter. She goes to our supermarkets with half a bag of coupons and she saves a bundle on the groceries bless her heart

John McCain was a strong candidate for me, though I'm more of a democrat, to tell the truth. But Sarah Palin was the kibosh for me. I'd have voted for Hillary if I was going to give a woman a chance. instead of Tina Fey, sorry, Sarah Palin.

I dont like her because she has it in for poor old Bullwinkle :hihi:

£150 pa is a bargain for health care. It costs you that for the annual TV licence here in the UK and I also pay that much just for my HSA (like Westfield) membership.

That's a racket having to pay for a TV license. They must use the revenue to buy those little vans with antennas on the roof that sneak up and down streets locating the TV license scoffllaws

The Nazis used to use those kind of vehicles to locate the whereabouts of enemy agents using wireless transmitters

That's cos you live in Connecticut poppins. It's a rich person's state. I bet a nice 4 bed average family home must cost a small fortune, even more than in California.

I married a coupon cutter. She goes to our supermarkets with half a bag of coupons and she saves a bundle on the groceries bless her heart

It all depends where you live in Conn. I think, though not sure, that Poppins lives in Fairfield County, which is a dormitory for all those execs who work in Manhattan. I can buy bread for under $2.00. Upstate in Hartford and Tolland Counties you can buy a decent ranch (bungalow to you brits} for under $200,000 with a decent sized yard and a two car garage. There are rich towns up here too, usually old money living in 18th and 19th century houses with private schools like Miss Porter's for girls, or Westminster for boys, so that they don't have to share with the riffraff like us.:) BTW If there is a line at the cashout and everybody is giving off resigned sighs except one, she's the coupon cutter, or like my wife, insists on digging in her purse for the exact change right down to the last penny, even though she has a debit card.

It all depends where you live in Conn. I think, though not sure, that Poppins lives in Fairfield County, which is a dormitory for all those execs who work in Manhattan. I can buy bread for under $2.00. Upstate in Hartford and Tolland Counties you can buy a decent ranch (bungalow to you brits} for under $200,000 with a decent sized yard and a two car garage. There are rich towns up here too, usually old money living in 18th and 19th century houses with private schools like Miss Porter's for girls, or Westminster for boys, so that they don't have to share with the riffraff like us.:) BTW If there is a line at the cashout and everybody is giving off resigned sighs except one, she's the coupon cutter, or like my wife, insists on digging in her purse for the exact change right down to the last penny, even though she has a debit card.

$200,000 for a ranch style home isnt bad if the neighborhood is half decent.

The same price would probably buy a house in South Central Los Angeles but you wouldn't want to live in a gang infested area like that.

The cheapest you could buy in my own town would run around 350,000 for an older house built before 1970 with 3 beds, 1 bathroom amd a one car garage, hardly ideal for todays family

I live in the 550,000 to 800,000 area but further up the hill slap up against the mountains the homes run around one million plus. They might get the glorious views but they get the rattlers, coyotes, mountain lions and the chance of fires coming down from the dry brush above in summer.

Archived