Moving to America -how feasible?

It all depends where you live in Conn. I think, though not sure, that Poppins lives in Fairfield County, which is a dormitory for all those execs who work in Manhattan. I can buy bread for under $2.00. Upstate in Hartford and Tolland Counties you can buy a decent ranch (bungalow to you brits} for under $200,000 with a decent sized yard and a two car garage. There are rich towns up here too, usually old money living in 18th and 19th century houses with private schools like Miss Porter's for girls, or Westminster for boys, so that they don't have to share with the riffraff like us.:) BTW If there is a line at the cashout and everybody is giving off resigned sighs except one, she's the coupon cutter, or like my wife, insists on digging in her purse for the exact change right down to the last penny, even though she has a debit card.

If I'm with the OH in a line at the cash register I always take a sneaky peep into the Enquirer if no one seems to be looking.

How can anyone resist such headlines as

"Obama was not born the the US. His presidency is illegal" :hihi:

If I'm with the OH in a line at the cash register I always take a sneaky peep into the Enquirer if no one seems to be looking.

Perhaps he could give us our money back then

They were right on about Edwards though ,and many more :)

They were right on about Edwards though ,and many more :)

That's true but they do wander off into the twilight zone with some of their stories now and then

"Charles and Camilla divorcing"

"Prince Harry secretly wed"

Never ending stories about Angelina Jolie, Oprah Winfrey,Jennifer Aniston. and then always a photo of a huge fat lady dressed in shorts with the caption

"So and so's shocking weight gain"

Of course I never read such rubbish. It's just that this kind of stuff happens to catch my eye :D

Me and my boyfriend are thinking of moving to america for a year next year, we visited boston on our hols this year and loved it. Has anyone here lived in America or moved there for work? How easy is it to do? ie getting working visas etc? We will both be qualified teachers when we go.

Thanks!x

Any decisions yet elenab, or did you put you off completley ? :)

Any decisions yet elenab, or did you put you off completley ? :)

Serious advice guy's

If you only want a year or so, the Teacher exchange program is probably your best bet.

Good Luck

Sooo ! Did you guy's get what you were looking for out of all this ??

well..... we are still going to apply as there doesnt seem any point in not. i dont want to be thinking what if. anyway, theres no point in having dreams if you dont at least TRY to make them a reality! we'll see. The thread hasnt put us off despite some of the negativity anyway!xx

Archived