Controlling my dog fouling outside someone's house

I was taking the dog for a walk this morning at around 8, walking past a house as you do when my dog decided to "go" outside this particular house, when this woman came out and said excuse me I know you are picking up after your dog but can you not let him go there in future cos it encourages other dogs to foul and I like to keep it clean, I said I cant control when and where my dog needs to poo and she's like yes you can you can go in front of your own house, so I said I will go where I want thanks and Im not arguing with you, I can understand if they are not dog people but its not her grass verge and I wont be told where to take my dog so there!

It's not your grass verge either, is it? Haven't SCC made a byelaw that fouling any sort of green space is an offence, whether you pick it up or not?

I don't think you had any excuse for having a rant at the householder. Why should they have to put up with dogs messing outside their house? When we had dogs, they either went in the yard area before they went out, or on the street they were put into the gutter, where it's easier to clean up after them. On grass there's always some residue left. Try being more considerate in future.

I was taking the dog for a walk this morning at around 8, walking past a house as you do when my dog decided to "go" outside this particular house, when this woman came out and said excuse me I know you are picking up after your dog but can you not let him go there in future cos it encourages other dogs to foul and I like to keep it clean, I said I cant control when and where my dog needs to poo and she's like yes you can you can go in front of your own house, so I said I will go where I want thanks and Im not arguing with you, I can understand if they are not dog people but its not her grass verge and I wont be told where to take my dog so there!

I wouldn't have argued about it or said I will go where I want to be honest, I would probably have said that I would try not to let the dog mess there if it upsets her so much but odd accidents happen en route that cannot always be foreseen, I would have said that and done it to make her happy but I would have felt just as miffed as you did.

There is nothing but threads on here slating people for not cleaning up after their dogs, someone does the right thing as the law requires and still gets slated...no pleasing some people is there? and that sort of reaction does not make people feel any more inclined to clean it up either, its an unpleasant enough job without having to put up with an embarrassing argument whilst you do it.

I wish I hadnt bothered saying anything on here cos its Crap!

I think everyone is sympathetic with your position Jillybabes, but it's probably your reaction to the woman that lost the sympathy. Like others have suggested, by challenging her you come across like you don't care, which is probably not the case.

I think everyone is sympathetic with your position Jillybabes, but it's probably your reaction to the woman that lost the sympathy. Like others have suggested, by challenging her you come across like you don't care, which is probably not the case.

You up for a bit of Rogering bf?:hihi:

We were on holiday last week and our dog decided to "go" right in the middle of a busy seaside pier :blush: I was mortified and cleaned it up right away but as you said you CAN'T stop your dog going when it decides to go - maybe it's just best to avoid walking past this lady's house as she obviously is sensitive about it :(

Archived