Controlling my dog fouling outside someone's house

Don't the toxicaria eggs pass through the dog even if they're wormed?

Couldn't tell you , i just go on the vets advice. But as only 10 cases per year in the entire UK happen, i'd think probably not.

and the risk of blindess is very rare.

No one can control where their dog decides to relieve itself. The OP was picking it up so I don't see a problem. Although it isn't a nice thing to see from the householder's point of view. Perhaps a better way to have dealt with it would have been to say 'I understand your point , however I cannot control where he/she decides to go, and I am being responsible in picking it up so there's not much more I can do'.

No one can control where their dog decides to relieve itself. The OP was picking it up so I don't see a problem. Although it isn't a nice thing to see from the householder's point of view. Perhaps a better way to have dealt with it would have been to say 'I understand your point , however I cannot control where he/she decides to go, and I am being responsible in picking it up so there's not much more I can do'.
or the op could have jumped up and down down like a crazed chimp picked up the poo with thier bare hands and flung it at the front door of the person and ran off screaming and whooping into the distance........

No one can control where their dog decides to relieve itself.[...]
But that's not what PT told us earlier in the thread, in answer to a query. She said that assistance dogs are trained to go on command? If they can do it, other dogs can as well, surely? Then you can choose where they do their business, in a place away from other people's homes and somewhere easier to clean up than a grass verge?

Is it more that owners can't be bothered to train them or they don't want their own premises fouled?

I had a dog for sixteen years and never had the same problem as you. I also had a friend who trained her dog to go on command. She would tell him to post a parcel and he did but not on someone elses frontage:roll:

Why not? Everyone stops their dogs from going in the house don't they?

Is it more that owners can't be bothered to train them or they don't want their own premises fouled?

Most owners don't see a need to train their dogs to go on command - i won't say we can't be bothered, but i have no intention on saying "pee pee" to my dog, although i have semi trained one of them to do it on the road and not on the footpath.

We could all walk our dogs away from peoples homes - if people didn't insist on digging up green fields and woods to build sodding house.

Why not? Everyone stops their dogs from going in the house don't they?

Your point is what exactly?

There is no need or requirement to train your dog to foul on command - just the preference of people with a different opinion.

Archived