Children in shopping trolleys. Is it hygenic?

Should children be allowed to ride inside supermarket trolleys?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should children be allowed to ride inside supermarket trolleys?

• Kids were given legs and should use them to walk.
    • I have no problem with kids in supermarket trolleys.
    • I will ask my butler what he thinks.
    • People should be able to buy trolley liner if they want to use it as a pram

I have just returned from a trip to the supermarket. As I was entering a woman was loading a child into a shopping trolley. It was quite evident from the smell that he had stepped into something that had recently exited a dogs backside and was now being smeared onto the wire mesh of the trolley.

Bearing in mind that the next customer to use that trolley might fill it with French loaves I have to think that there is a serious health hazard here.

Opinions.

I have just returned from a trip to the supermarket. As I was entering a woman was loading a child into a shopping trolley. It was quite evident from the smell that he had stepped into something that had recently exited a dogs backside and was now being smeared onto the wire mesh of the trolley.

..are you sure it wasn't something that had exited the child's backside, foxy?? :gag:

Hardly selfish to put kids in the part of the trolley that is designed for....kids!

You would however think that the parent wouldn't like their kid to have it on them in the first place though.

Those little seat things? do they still have those?

I've seen them sat in the main part of the trolley. It's not a ride. Surely if they can't walk slowly around a supermarket for 30 minutes without causing a fuss they should be left in the car.

As to whether or not it's hygenic, most things come shrink wrapped nowadays, it would probably only be a problem if you were buying loose fruit and veg.

I've seen them sat in the main part of the trolley. It's not a ride. Surely if they can't walk slowly around a supermarket for 30 minutes without causing a fuss they should be left in the car.

As to whether or not it's hygenic, most thinks come shrink wrapped nowadays, it would probably only be a problem if you were buying loose fruit and veg.

People wash fruit and veg before they eat it. It is loaves of bread that I would be most concerned about.

They should have a place outside supermarkets where kids can be chained up like they do for dogs.

Archived