Children in shopping trolleys. Is it hygenic?

Should children be allowed to ride inside supermarket trolleys?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should children be allowed to ride inside supermarket trolleys?

• Kids were given legs and should use them to walk.
    • I have no problem with kids in supermarket trolleys.
    • I will ask my butler what he thinks.
    • People should be able to buy trolley liner if they want to use it as a pram

People wash fruit and veg before they eat it. It is loaves of bread that I would be most concerned about.

They should have a place outside supermarkets where kids can be chained up like they do for dogs.

Aren't loaves of bread in cellophane?

I think it okay for children to sit in the proper child seats provided on trollies but I don't like to see children standing or sitting in the actual trolley. If they are too big to fit in the seat then they should walk.

However, in Morrisons they don't have the seatbelts, and my daughter climbs out. Fortunately she hasn't managed to actually get out without me noticing yet, although she did almost end up in the frozen peas the first time because I didn't know she was capable of it.

I put her in that narrow bit at the front now, she likes to point at things from there, and doesn't try and climb out. She can't quite walk yet, and it's never occurred to me that it might be a problem for anyone else. Before I had kids I never thought it a problem when other people did it.

That said I wouldn't put her in there with poo on her shoe, or in her pants. It's not having kids in the trolley per se that is a problem, surely? Kids sans poo are quite clean animals.

I think i have a solution to this problem .

A holding pen for kids OUTSIDE the supermarket . you have to leave them there on your way in and get them back on way out.

this would also solve the problem the rest of us have with kids everywhere when you are trying to do a quick run round , grab what you need and off .

this time of the year it is unbearable in supermarkets . Parents shopping with their little darlings in tow , clogging up the aisles , screaming kids jumping up and down when they cant have a toy or sweets .:rant::rant::rant:

I think the holding pen is a great idea to make shopping a peaceful , less stressful experience for everyone.

They are out all night and day in the car park and could have dogs peeing up against them and people spitting on them. Tests have confirmed that one in five adults has traces of facaes on their hands anyway so I would be more concerned with who might have been pushing it before you, not who might have been in it.

they are out all night and day in the car park and could have dogs peeing up against them and people spitting on them. Tests have confirmed that one in five adults has traces of facaes on their hands anyway so i would be more concerned with who might have been pushing it before you, not who might have been in it.

don't panic!

...I think the holding pen is a great idea to make shopping a peaceful , less stressful experience for everyone.

I've just agreed with MrBenn DOW! :shocked:

I think i have a solution to this problem .

A holding pen for kids OUTSIDE the supermarket . you have to leave them there on your way in and get them back on way out.

this would also solve the problem the rest of us have with kids everywhere when you are trying to do a quick run round , grab what you need and off .

this time of the year it is unbearable in supermarkets . Parents shopping with their little darlings in tow , clogging up the aisles , screaming kids jumping up and down when they cant have a toy or sweets .:rant::rant::rant:

I think the holding pen is a great idea to make shopping a peaceful , less stressful experience for everyone.

Would their be a bouncy castle? What about ice cream? Gotta have that. Umm, slides and swings? A giant climbing frame too. Sounds cool! :D

Most dog owners clear up after their pets.

Not in my experience!

No I don't think children should sit inside the main part of shopping trolleys, just general grime from shoes is not something you want on your food packaging and then in your cupboards & fridge :gag:

A holding pen??? They are human beings like anyone else and are allowed to be seen in public... if it's an inconvience that some people have to shop with their kids then tough! My daughter enjoys shopping with me so as long as she does and doesn't cause any annoyance to anyone else then she is fine!

Archived