Children in shopping trolleys. Is it hygenic?

Should children be allowed to ride inside supermarket trolleys?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should children be allowed to ride inside supermarket trolleys?

• Kids were given legs and should use them to walk.
    • I have no problem with kids in supermarket trolleys.
    • I will ask my butler what he thinks.
    • People should be able to buy trolley liner if they want to use it as a pram

If you can't bear the sight of them in the supermarket during the daytime, then here's a novel idea. Go in the evening when they are in bed! Problem solved!

..but then you're encountering a whole day of the accumulated child detritus, it's just the offending child(ren) won't be around to berate ;)

You're joking, yes?

No its quite true, but my hands are always cold, we wear coats in the supermarkets, so the gloves match my coat.

In summer ( I am having a good laugh at myself here ) I have a small bottle of hand sanitizer at the ready.

I can't help it, my family have a laugh at me always washing my hands.:loopy:

• 2 years later...
I've seen them sat in the main part of the trolley. It's not a ride. Surely if they can't walk slowly around a supermarket for 30 minutes without causing a fuss they should be left in the car.

As to whether or not it's hygenic, most things come shrink wrapped nowadays, it would probably only be a problem if you were buying loose fruit and veg.

Your missing the point,it's not a case of covering a product it's a case of covering what's ever in the trolley with dogs poo...get it?

For crying out loud. Compared with the toxic, health-threatening garbage most people pack into their supermarket trolleys, the germs which accompany small children are not a problem. If a trolley stinks of dog poo, nobody is going to use it. If you were seriously bothered about catching something from a supermarket trolley, you could always take a pack of antiseptic wipes with you and give it a quick de-bug before you start shopping. However, the logical extension of that is that you should do the same to every door handle, every shop counter, every bus seat, every coin you touch. Madness.

You lot have been reading the Daily Mail again! Don't.

The thread question reminds me of my nephew who, when demanding to be told how babies were made, listened tro his dad's explanation with growing incredulity and disgust and finally exploded : 'Yack! That sounds really...UNHYGIENIC!'

I have just returned from a trip to the supermarket. As I was entering a woman was loading a child into a shopping trolley. It was quite evident from the smell that he had stepped into something that had recently exited a dogs backside and was now being smeared onto the wire mesh of the trolley.

Bearing in mind that the next customer to use that trolley might fill it with French loaves I have to think that there is a serious health hazard here.

Opinions.

Made up story.

Explain to me this; How close were you to the kid to be able to tell that he had stepped in poo? I mean yeah dog poo smells rough, but in a supermarket, or big space, how could you smell it unless you were stood right on top of him and not moving.

Tell me, were you and this kid both stationary and close enough to eachother for your bloodhound senses to pick this scent up?

Just doesnt ring true sorry.

Sometimes you cant even smell it on your own shoe, never mindbeing able to detect it on a kid, and be able to know that it was on his foot, and not his mums or whatever...

Given the the child (allegedly) stepped in the (alleged) dog poo 2½ years ago, do you think:

1. The poo might've dried and fallen off the trolley by now.

2. The trolley might've been dumped in the river Don /nicked and taken home / simply worn out.

How long do you think it will be before somebody posts a complaint on this thread about that child putting his own poop-polluted offspring in a trolley?

Made up story.

Explain to me this; How close were you to the kid to be able to tell that he had stepped in poo? I mean yeah dog poo smells rough, but in a supermarket, or big space, how could you smell it unless you were stood right on top of him and not moving.

Tell me, were you and this kid both stationary and close enough to eachother for your bloodhound senses to pick this scent up?

Just doesnt ring true sorry.

Sometimes you cant even smell it on your own shoe, never mindbeing able to detect it on a kid, and be able to know that it was on his foot, and not his mums or whatever...

There must be something wrong with your nose. If someone has stepped in a ripe one you'd be able to smell it in an aftershave factory.

Archived