Children in shopping trolleys. Is it hygenic?

Should children be allowed to ride inside supermarket trolleys?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should children be allowed to ride inside supermarket trolleys?

• Kids were given legs and should use them to walk.
    • I have no problem with kids in supermarket trolleys.
    • I will ask my butler what he thinks.
    • People should be able to buy trolley liner if they want to use it as a pram

I'd rather children were inside the trolley than the ones I saw today. Two girls running and skidding up and down the aisle, and a young boy crawling along the floor on his stomach, probably following their example. Fortunately the mother of the boy had the sense to tell him to get up, but some parents leave their kids to lay on the floor and there is a danger they could get hurt by other peoples' trollies or feet.

Just give us a 'Happy Hour' when we can shop without having to steer our trolleys to avoid kids who run loose and which is worse adults screaming at them as well

I think they look cute sat in the supermarket trolleys - not in the main food basket area as it does look dangerous

There is always a customers service department to seek advice as to whether you should point out any poo - best leave it to the assistants

I've seen them sat in the main part of the trolley. It's not a ride. Surely if they can't walk slowly around a supermarket for 30 minutes without causing a fuss they should be left in the car.

My, apologies, I recognise it's an old post I'm quoting. But please, never leave small children unsupervised in the car!

We are particularly concerned in Australia, as temperatures in cars can rise to lethal levels quite quickly.

There are also other risks, such as abduction, and the risk of a parent leaving a cigarette lighter in the vehicle.

Archived