Pakistan Flood Disaster

Just seeing the terrible consequences of the flooding in Pakistan. I'm sure all our hearts go out to the people who've been left homeless or died or been injured in this disaster,

The Red Cross have launched an emergency appeal for aid in the catastrophe. Up to 2 million people are thought to be caught up in it, half a million have been displaced. :(

I hope that no SF users have family or friends involved in this, if so, positive thoughts are with you.

Just seeing the terrible consequences of the flooding in Pakistan. I'm sure all our hearts go out to the people who've been left homeless or died or been injured in this disaster,

The Red Cross have launched an emergency appeal for aid in the catastrophe. Up to 2 million people are thought to be caught up in it, half a million have been displaced. :(

I hope that no SF users have family or friends involved in this, if so, positive thoughts are with you.

Although your sentiments are genuine and respectable but unfortunately here we have enough of the animal kingdom to spoil any thread regarding Muslims.

Total and utter agrreement I have worked for years with Pakistani men, and they are the best workers in the world.

you could not wish for better workers, or colleagues ever.

Although your sentiments are genuine and respectable but unfortunately here we have enough of the animal kingdom to spoil any thread regarding Muslims.

You mean Muslims are different to other people and they don't have those of the animal kingdom ?

I know lets settle for "were all human and there's good and bad in every race or religion" and then maybe accept the condolences with the good will they were made in ..

This is a thread about a country and its people who are facing the worst disaster they've ever had. Let's not start arguing, just for once, please.

I'm trying to find a link to the Red Cross appeal to post.

Not the red crescent?

Looks terrible, hope they get on top of the rescue work and no one else dies in this lot.

The infrastructure is in a right state also with numerous bridges out so its going to be hard to get to people even if the weather smartens up.

The infrastructure would be a lot better if they hadn't spent so much money on nuclear armaments.

Same goes for it's neighbour.

No consolation for the people involved but you can argue that their Government could be held responsible for it's spending priorities.

This is a thread about a country and its people who are facing the worst disaster they've ever had. Let's not start arguing, just for once, please.

I'm trying to find a link to the Red Cross appeal to post.

http://www.redcross.org.uk/donatesection.asp?id=104585

There you go, Ruby.

I've seen the footage and hadn't realised the devastation. And this, after the terrible earthquakes last year. God bless everyone in Pakistan, and their loved ones.

Archived