Pakistan Flood Disaster

Originally Posted by kabacha

Although your sentiments are genuine and respectable but unfortunately here we have enough of the animal kingdom to spoil any thread regarding Muslims.

You mean Muslims are different to other people and they don't have those of the animal kingdom ?

I know lets settle for "were all human and there's good and bad in every race or religion" and then maybe accept the condolences with the good will they were made in ..

I agree there are good and bad in every society so proving my post was right after all my friend, examples are there aplenty for you to read by now.

Just been on Radio sheffield. It's the worst flooding in Pakistan for 80 years. Lying gits, the country isn't even 80 years old. This type of reporting really ****** me off; it mkes me wonder how people like that got jobs in the media in the first place.

Can anyone tell me how much aid Pakistan sent to Sheffield the other year when we got flooded out?

For Gods sake:rolleyes::help:

Exactly, whats the Pakistan government going to do with the money thats sent to them...build safer houses for the people to live in ? I don't think so.

I won't be sending a dime.

I'll send a fiver on your behalf. This thread is depressing.

ditto! Typical SF!:mad:

At least our girl catzeyes is safe, and in her usual good temper ;)

I'm a bit surprised that the Pakistan President is still coming over to meet the PM. I'd have thought he'd be better postponing and staying at home and making sure that his country is ok?

I really find it hard to accept that some people are being so harsh about this. We may give financial aid, which I don't necessarily agree with, but this is catastrophe on a grand scale, a disaster. How can people be arguing about whether they deserve help on the grounds that they have nuclear capability or not? :rolleyes:

The ordinary people need help, and they need it now, not next week or next year. Just try putting yourself in their place and see how you'd feel.

Also I thought the burning effigy was their own PM, not ours, due to lack of immediate assistance.

I remember the flow of international aid following Hurricane Katrina, which devastated New Orleans, whilst the US administration were incompetent in dealing with it and prosecuting an illegal war on the other side of the world.

Many offered and gave more than a dime, note Pakistan was amongst them.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Hurricane_Katrina_disaster_relief

Yes KK, but that money went towards re-building New Orleans, Pakistan shouldn't donate to other countries when they can't take care of their own.

I am ashamed to call some people in this thread by fellow beings. I had £1,000 to send a child to be with a family member who was going to have an operation in America, they seem to have sorted it and therefore that money and more is going to buy food and supplies for the victims of the Pakistan floods.

Quite, it's hardly on the same scale.

The problem is the Pakistani government is so corrupt I doubt any financial aid will actually get to where it should,by all means send aid but send food etc which will be more appreciated and at least have a chance of getting to the right people

And our politicos are of impeccable character, WMD, expenses scandal, anyone?

Archived