Leave out money for the Burglar .Wise or Foolish .

It's not as silly an idea as you might think.

My late father used to leave a float in the company's till in case the business was broken into. Better for them to make a bee line for the till and its (rather meagre) contents than to start trying to steal (more costly) stock or worse, take to smashing the place up.

That £30 might prove be good insurance.

That £30 might prove be good insurance.

If I was a burglar and found £30 straight away, I'd think that there would be more money around and keep looking.

Surely it's more prudent to make all valuables difficult to get to? Hidden away or locked in a safe or a strong cabinet ?

I'm pretty sure the Insurance companies and Police would frown on this practice and advise against it.

Is anyone else like me ,and leaves 30 quid out for the Burglar when they go out of the house , as most Burglars will be druggies i feel once they have got enough money for their fix , most will leave my valuable stuff alone and not search for it trashing the house , wise or foolish .

Why not set traps for the little

Better still do a Tony Martin if your in!

Is anyone else like me ,and leaves 30 quid out for the Burglar when they go out of the house , as most Burglars will be druggies i feel once they have got enough money for their fix , most will leave my valuable stuff alone and not search for it trashing the house , wise or foolish .

You are joking arent you ?:suspect:

If a burglar took the £30, would it be theft as you have left is specifically for them to take.
It would be theft, once they take it (unless the OP is dafter still, and leaves a note inviting the burglar to take it). There is also the not-so-trivial matter of breaking-&-entering first.

A more interesting legal question, is whether the taking amounts to consideration by the burglar, for an implied contract between the OP and the burglar, for the burglar to leave the rest of the house/contents alone ;)

You are joking arent you ?:suspect:

No i do it every time leave it in the Hall [ you cannot see it from outside .]. but Razor Sharp as got me thinking as they will not always enter the same way and the damage may be done .

Archived