A better deal for people who contribute to society

Those who work and pay their taxes and generally abide by the law get nothing these days (that i can think of) that the work shy dont already enjoy- concessions / benefits / handouts.

As it isnt feasible for those that keep this country running and support the lazy and unable to get these benefits should they not enjoy other benefits instead so they dont feel too hard done to?

I suggest they should enjoy leniency in things such as fines / prison sentences for less serious crime. They should pay fines at say half the rate of the lazy, suspended / lesser sentences, lower 'optional' taxes such as for airline flights -with the shortfall made up by higher taxes for the lazy.

I think the decent people of society are getting more and more disillusioned by how they are treated by the state when compared with those that choose to opt out and live as parasites.

It should be a case of 'yes Mr Scratter, Mr Ripsaw did get a suspended sentence for the same crime you got 2 years for but you havent contributed anything to society for the last ten years and Mr Ripsaw has'..

Its not always that easy to tell who is decent and who is not.

An 'upstanding member of society' could also be a paedophile.

Some people legitimately on benefits that I know put a lot of effort into volunteer work.

Decent in this case means they have paid their taxes for a certain number of years out of the last X number of years - ie- contributed.

Those who work and pay their taxes and generally abide by the law get nothing these days (that i can think of) that the work shy dont already enjoy- concessions / benefits / handouts.

As it isnt feasible for those that keep this country running and support the lazy and unable to get these benefits should they not enjoy other benefits instead so they dont feel too hard done to?

I suggest they should enjoy leniency in things such as fines / prison sentences for less serious crime. They should pay fines at say half the rate of the lazy, suspended / lesser sentences, lower 'optional' taxes such as for airline flights -with the shortfall made up by higher taxes for the lazy.

I think the decent people of society are getting more and more disillusioned by how they are treated by the state when compared with those that choose to opt out and live as parasites.

It should be a case of 'yes Mr Scratter, Mr Ripsaw did get a suspended sentence for the same crime you got 2 years for but you havent contributed anything to society for the last ten years and Mr Ripsaw has'..

Having one set of rules for tax payers and another for none tax payers simply wouldn't work, it wouldn't achieve anything other than creating chaos.

Taxpayers are feeling hard done to, and rightly so, because there's no longer any incentive to work hard for a living, not when the current system penalises anyone that tries and rewards anyone that doesn't, but hopefully the long awaited new changes will put an end to this.

But personally, I feel that what you're suggesting would only result in hard up taxpayers who are frustrated with the system possibly committing crime in order to better their circumstances knowing that the courts will show leniency.

Yawn..................Another clueless post about benefits!

What good would it do giving someone half the fine or sentence just because they have a job?? Isn't that stereotyping people? Someone who has grown up deprived & constantly involved in petty crime gets a longer sentence or larger fine than a multi millionare carrear criminal?

Just because someone is on benifits, doesent mean they are lazy!! Should I assume that you are stupid because you don't understandthe reasons why people are on benefits?!?!:rant:

Well, the obvious thing that people tend to miss when talking about job v benefits is that the majority of people who have the job have more money than those who don't.

While not always true, it is true in the vast majority of cases.

I know you said most cases, but I know a woman who I used to be friends with but I can't bring myself to be friends with anymore. She has 5 kids on the social and neither her nor her partner work, yet whilst I struggle to bring my daughter up and afford works on my house, she has had new windows, new kitchen and some other works on her council house. She also has a 50 odd inch tv and they both have nice cars. What's that all about?

Well, the obvious thing that people tend to miss when talking about job v benefits is that the majority of people who have the job have more money than those who don't.

While not always true, it is true in the vast majority of cases.

The obvious thing that you are missing is that the majority of benefit claimers are entitled to discounts and rebates on their tax free income, whereas working people on low incomes are taxed on that income then have to pay full rates on council tax, rent, water rates, NHS treatment etc.

So despite working people having higher incomes they are often left with little more, maybe less money than someone on benefit.

Archived