A better deal for people who contribute to society

Who else voted, but 'people' :confused::huh:

They got the most.

Cons did not need the Liberals, strictly speaking. It's just that, having the Liberals on-side, would make it easier for them to get their way in Parliament.

A third of the entire electorate sounds like rather a lot. Source?

EDIT - not excusing or supporting the Cons here (I can't vote, so don't particularly care), but all this talk of "unelected PM" and whatnot is wearing a bit thin. We'd already had some years of it with Gordon Brown until the election...no PM is ever "elected" in this country, his/her party is.

You win an election with a majority vote, Cameron did not get a majority. Parliament was hung and he grabbed power with another party to get that majority. The majority did not vote for him.

The third of the electorate is a well known fact, I'm sure a person quite as intelligent as you would be able to locate the source. It may be worth pointing out the the majority of people were turned away from the cities of Sheffield, Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester. I am not saying that these cities would have voted conservative, which, to be fair, may have given them the majority they required, or they may have voted for another party but people wanted to cast their vote and were denied. That is not fair and is not a true reflection of the electorate's views.

So you're prepared to tell people that they are mistaken on something, yet reluctant to explain what that something is:confused:... well done!.

There something fairly basic what you're not picking up on here, isn't there?

You win an election with a majority vote, Cameron did not get a majority. Parliament was hung and he grabbed power with another party to get that majority. The majority did not vote for him.

The third of the electorate is a well known fact, I'm sure a person quite as intelligent as you would be able to locate the source. It may be worth pointing out the the majority of people were turned away from the cities of Sheffield, Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester. I am not saying that these cities would have voted conservative, which, to be fair, may have given them the majority they required, or they may have voted for another party but people wanted to cast their vote and were denied. That is not fair and is not a true reflection of the electorate's views.

Give one example where the majority have elected their prime minister.

The majority of people who voted for him at that time. Do you expect me to name them all individually or something?

Do you know what a majority is?

The voting majority don't elect their prime minister, they never have. Do you know what a hung parliament is?, come to that.. do you know what an election is?

Well of course the whole way that we vote is not fair and that is why Clegg and the Lib Dems want and are changing the way that we vote. He hasnt got everything he wanted this time but AVR is a start.

The way that we vote in the future will at least be more representative and the numbers who vote Lib Dem will actually have a chance to make a further difference.

Archived