A better deal for people who contribute to society

Volunteering is 'open'. Working to a set contract isn't. If someone who volunteers doesn't feel well enough to donate their own time, then they're not subject to disciplinaries and such.

Many people who are ill can help, and do. Because someone can volunteer doesn't mean that they can hold down a full time job.

What's a contract have to do with it?. No one can be forced to work when they're ill.

So what's the difference between a paid days work and a voluntary days work?

One you choose to do, and one you have to do. Equally one you're paid for, and one you're not.

It really isn't difficult.

Well just help me out because I'm not quite there yet. Why would someone who's ill volunteer to do an unpaid none contractual job?.. If I volunteered to do that whilst off work due to sickness, I'd be sacked, and the DWP wouldn't have any sympathy for me.

Well just help me out because I'm not quite there yet. Why would someone who's ill volunteer to do an unpaid none contractual job?.. If I volunteered to do that whilst off work due to sickness, I'd be sacked, and the DWP wouldn't have any sympathy for me.

Because for a lot of people, helping in a small way means that they get to see the rest of the world, and are also not forced to stick to the rigours of a working regime.

They get to meet people. They usually don't see it as a job. Pouring cups of tea, for example? Helping out at an OAP centre, for example?

You wouldn't be sacked at all if you volunteered to anything unless it interfered with your working hours, so once again you're talking absolute nonsense. Remember as well, people who may volunteer do so 'voluntarily'.

It's not difficult.

Because for a lot of people, helping in a small way means that they get to see the rest of the world, and are also not forced to stick to the rigours of a working regime.

You wouldn't be sacked at all if you volunteered to anything unless it interfered with your working hours, so once again you're talking absolute nonsense. Remember as well, people who may volunteer do so 'voluntarily'.

It's not difficult.

My working hours would be affected if I'm working somewhere else.. voluntarily.

Not if you're doing it outside of your working hours. It's not difficult.
My working hours are already being affected due to time off work due to illness. This is why I have the time to do voluntary work:confused:

My working hours are already being affected due to time off work due to illness. This is why I have the time to do voluntary work:confused:

Whose working hours? Don't talk wet.

If you've working hours and done them, whatever you do outside of those is up to you.

Now surely you don't want to make yourself look even more stupid, do you?

Whose working hours? Don't talk wet.

If you've working hours and done them, whatever you do outside of those is up to you.

Now surely you don't want to make yourself look even more stupid, do you?

But that's just it, I haven't done them, I'm off work due to being ill.:roll:

Archived