A better deal for people who contribute to society

[/b]

Of course there is a chance that can happen but unlikely if you are doing a job that is tiring for 40 hours a week. I am sure there are some statistics that show in places where there is less worklessness then crime figures improve.

Most would not have the energy nor the motivation to be thinking of crime if they were worn out!

What makes you believe they'll even agree to work untill they're worn out?

No I wouldn't, likewise, I wouldn't pay incapacity benefit to someone who doesn't know whether they'll be ill from one day to the next. It's the only way to stop the cheats abusing it.

So you won't employ someone with a variable illness and you won't pay them incapacity? What are they supposed to do? They can't be employed and can't get benefits...

It's highly questionable, because many long term unemployed here in Britain have no intention to work 9-5, it's not an option for them.

There wont be an option though will there if benefits aren't there to support them all the time. They will have to earn money another way.

As I said the level of worklessness wasnt a problem when My Mum and Dad were bringing us up . I remember the urgency that my Dad had when he was made redundant at the age of 61 and he managed to get another job to tide him over to near retirement age.It simply wasnt a choice.

So you won't employ someone with a variable illness and you won't pay them incapacity? What are they supposed to do? They can't be employed and can't get benefits...
Give them free prescriptions, all the medical treatment they need, with an additional £64 a week to live on(capped).

There wont be an option though will there if benefits aren't there to support them all the time. They will have to earn money another way.

As I said the level of worklessness wasnt a problem when My Mum and Dad were bringing us up . I remember the urgency that my Dad had when he was made redundant at the age of 61 and he managed to get another job to tide him over to near retirement age.It simply wasnt a choice.

It's a different world nowadays to what is was, attitudes towards working have changed. The work-shy of today won't simply rush out to find employment because they're without benefit, they don't have the work ethic required to do that.

It's a different world nowadays to what is was, attitudes towards working have changed. The work-shy of today won't simply rush out to find employment because they're without benefit, they don't have the work ethic required to do that.

So what will they do then starve, become homeless, steal maybe?

I'm not claiming to know what they'll do, but if they're intent on not working they won't have many options will they.

Ok so ask yourself the question. What would you do? What would I do? What would most people do?

They would find a solution as we are programmed not to starve and programme to find shelter and to protect ourselves. Remember the fight/flight response. Ok we have supposedly moved on from the days of cavemen but we are naturally inclined to ensure that we survive along with our children.

There will no doubt be some in desperation who will steal to get food, or attempt to abuse the system to get shelter but if I became homeless for whatever reason, I would have an instinct to survive and earning some money would be the easiest way. We all have different skills and abilities. many of these are often not even evident to ourselves as our lazy ways have been allowed to develop.

And not having qualifications is not an excuse although it of course makes it much harder to get a job, but there are many jobs that require few or little qualifications. The ability to be on time and to be reliable and work hard is often the only requirement.

Archived