Should council houses have long term tenancies?

Every day the ordinary working man or woman subsidises the idle rich. People who are born into vast amounts of wealth (cameron is a good example) never have to work, they are subsidised to the hilt.

Everyone who works in a factory, works the fields, builds houses, drives a taxi subsidise them every day of their lives!

Every day the ordinary working man or woman subsidises the idle rich. People who are born into vast amounts of wealth (cameron is a good example) never have to work, they are subsidised to the hilt.

Everyone who works in a factory, works the fields, builds houses, drives a taxi subsidise them every day of their lives!

Don't they pay any taxes?.

In reality , many super rich people do not. They have accountants who arrange their finances in such a way that they legally avoid paying tax.

I think you will find the vast majority of those loopholes were closed by the last Labour government, hence the reason why people like Lewis Hamilton find it cheaper to live abroad.

A lot of the money people you speak of leave the country unless the tories are in charge.

The high earners in this country are taxed very harshly, ask any footballer.

I think you will find the vast majority of those loopholes were closed by the last Labour government, hence the reason why people like Lewis Hamilton find it cheaper to live abroad.

A lot of the money people you speak of leave the country unless the tories are in charge.

The high earners in this country are taxed very harshly, ask any footballer.

The highest earners are not taxed as heavily as they were.

Inherited wealth, which is my topic, also has nothing to do with income tax. Landowners are now given tax payers money to look after their own land. Not only do they not pay income tax, but we give them our money to look after their own land.

Wasn't you original plan to move into council housing so that you could afford to save for a home of your own..? In other words the council tax payer is subsidising your eventual mortgage? Sorry if I've got it wrong...

You have got it spot on. Yes the council tax payer (including ourselves remember, though we might as well not bother since there seems to be such a problem with it.)

As i said before, would it be preferred if we did not work etc got the rent completely paid for? Of course not. We are doing the best we can, I think the layabouts are the ones that need the bashing.

You have got it spot on. Yes the council tax payer (including ourselves remember, though we might as well not bother since there seems to be such a problem with it.)

As i said before, would it be preferred if we did not work etc got the rent completely paid for? Of course not. We are doing the best we can, I think the layabouts are the ones that need the bashing.

you find yourself a nice council house and when you have been there a few years...ask the nice tories if you can buy it for a knocked down price....or better still look for an ex-council house that is for sale and get a mortgage to buy that...its cheaper than renting...happy days

you find yourself a nice council house and when you have been there a few years...ask the nice tories if you can buy it for a knocked down price....or better still look for an ex-council house that is for sale and get a mortgage to buy that...its cheaper than renting...happy days

If they are really lucky the might get a flat next to the local chemist.

Those rock houses move more drugs than boots.......Happy days...........

Archived