Have you got an extra Nipple?

Have you got a 3rd Nipple  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Have you got a 3rd Nipple

• Yes
    • No

No i only got the two.But my mate has 3rd nipple and was very freeked out by it all these years.She thought she was the only one till we looked on the net and she was happy to see one of her fave celeb men mark wahlberg had a third nipple and few other celebs had 4 including the old rapper vanilla ice and had his pierced as well as a few other people on net that shows on a certain site we found showing this.So she now got hers pierced and very proud to have a 3rd nipple.

On a side topic slightly - my dog has several nipples. Why do dogs have nipples? I understand why a bitch has them - der!!! But why a dog?

Do you think at one time we were all females but nature decided to change the plan - like in Jurassic Park 2 or 3?

Just wondering

Dragon

Originally posted by Dragon

On a side topic slightly - my dog has several nipples. Why do dogs have nipples? I understand why a bitch has them - der!!! But why a dog?

Do you think at one time we were all females but nature decided to change the plan - like in Jurassic Park 2 or 3?

Just wondering

Dragon

Well, we're only male because the y chromosome dumps a load of male sex hormone into our developing fetal bodies at a certain stage. By this point nipples are already partially developed. The hormone stops the developing of some bits and forces the excessive growth of other bits. Thats why all males have vestigial and useless nipples.

So while we were all female at some point from a development point of view, some of us were given the push to be male and that is why we are, though sometimes some women have the y chromosome and by some oddity, it fails to trigger this hormone and they are born female but with male genes (even if they are slightly corrupted).

I have no idea where I learned this, probably from a bus-book.

Wilf

Originally posted by BrainThrust

Well, we're only male because the y chromosome dumps a load of male sex hormone into our developing fetal bodies at a certain stage. By this point nipples are already partially developed. The hormone stops the developing of some bits and forces the excessive growth of other bits. Thats why all males have vestigial and useless nipples.

So while we were all female at some point from a development point of view, some of us were given the push to be male and that is why we are, though sometimes some women have the y chromosome and by some oddity, it fails to trigger this hormone and they are born female but with male genes (even if they are slightly corrupted).

I have no idea where I learned this, probably from a bus-book.

Wilf

This actually takes us into genetics terminology. Genotypically (that is to say, the genes of a person would dictate) someone may be male, but phenotypically (that is to say, judged by their appearance) they may be female.

This is because there is a condition in which the foetus has no sensitivity or receptors for the testosterone that their testes produce during development, and the default phenotype is female. What that means is that with no hormones of either sex during foetal development the resulting baby will appear female, whatever their genotype. This is one of the causes of true intersex- a genetically male baby produces testosterone during development but due to an insensitivity issue develops as a phenotypic female.

On the 'nipple' issue Wilf's basically right. Look at how male and female of any species differ from each other. Sexual differentiation only happens at a late enough stage that legs/ears/eyes/arms/head/nipples are already formed. This has implications- did you know that 5% of breast cancer sufferers are male? Both sexes not only have nipples, but breast tissue too.

Originally posted by medusa666

This actually takes us into genetics terminology. Genotypically (that is to say, the genes of a person would dictate) someone may be male, but phenotypically (that is to say, judged by their appearance) they may be female.

This is because there is a condition in which the foetus has no sensitivity or receptors for the testosterone that their testes produce during development, and the default phenotype is female. What that means is that with no hormones of either sex during foetal development the resulting baby will appear female, whatever their genotype. This is one of the causes of true intersex- a genetically male baby produces testosterone during development but due to an insensitivity issue develops as a phenotypic female.

On the 'nipple' issue Wilf's basically right. Look at how male and female of any species differ from each other. Sexual differentiation only happens at a late enough stage that legs/ears/eyes/arms/head/nipples are already formed. This has implications- did you know that 5% of breast cancer sufferers are male? Both sexes not only have nipples, but breast tissue too.

Thanks medusa, knew someone would know more than me, since my knowledge was from a book some months ago. I remember what the book was called now. It was called 'Y: The Descent of Man' (see what they did there :heyhey: ) and it was irreverently written but tackled an interesting subject with facts and issues I;d never though of before.

Wilf

Archived