I admit I was wrong about the tories

personaly couldn't vote this time but got to say no party would please everyone, but labour's created such a huge debt that something has to be done about it although yes i do think making the poor poorer is the wrong way to go about it!

The bankers were responsible for creating the huge debts, they are all Tories and are still multimillionaires, they will not be effected by the cuts.

So what would you do differently, given the current problems?

I would introduce radical new laws which confiscated the wealth that had been held in families for generations and use it to pay the national debt. The idle rich, many of whom created the problems should be forced into work.

The government could in this way be seen to be fair.

I would introduce radical new laws which confiscated the wealth that had been held in families for generations and use it to pay the national debt. The idle rich, many of whom created the problems should be forced into work.

Why is taking money off people who legally own it fairer than giving less money to other people?

Why is taking money off people who legally own it fairer than giving less money to other people?

People from the ruling classes live on money that was stolen way back , it goes right back to 1066 in some cases when we were invaded and the land (and hence) wealth was stolen. Although legally theirs it was indeed stolen and should be returned to its rightful owners.

It's not the fault of the government if there are no jobs in a particular field though is it? And it certainly isn't the fault of this government, they've only ben in power 3 months.

I think people should seriously think about what degrees they take and what that might mean for their future, before going to university.

If you go and do a degree in something like world music (I have a friend that did that and I'm sure won't mind me saying so) then its a pointless degree and is not really going to help you get a career.

However, if you study something like business studies and then go along to reputable companies they all have graduate schemes and you have a good chance of getting on one and well on your merry way to a good career.

BUT, you still have to earn the jobs. Just because you have a degree doesn't entitle you to the best jobs. You need to demonstrate an ability to do the job, not just an ability to learn and pass exams. As an interviewer, one of the big things I look for in a person is common sense.... and there isn't much of that around!

is that not plain and simple theft though.

Tax on wages is baffling, How can a man who is paying £10,000 a week tax only recieve the same benefits as someone paying £50 a week??..

Don't ask me to suggest a better system because I can't but to think some people pay tens of thousands of pounds a week for the privellage of living here always baffles me.

People from the ruling classes live on money that was stolen way back , it goes right back to 1066 in some cases when we were invaded and the lads (and hence) wealth was stolen. Although legally theirs it was indeed stolen and should be returned to its rightful owners.

This is utter nonsense for the following reasons

a) if you go back far enough everything is 'stolen'

b) Who are the rightful owners?

c) What about the people - or the descendants of people - who have made their wealth by hard work and paid tax on it as they've earned it? Would you take their assets too?

I think people should seriously think about what degrees they take and what that might mean for their future, before going to university.

If you go and do a degree in something like world music (I have a friend that did that and I'm sure won't mind me saying so) then its a pointless degree and is not really going to help you get a career.

However, if you study something like business studies and then go along to reputable companies they all have graduate schemes and you have a good chance of getting on one and well on your merry way to a good career.

BUT, you still have to earn the jobs. Just because you have a degree doesn't entitle you to the best jobs. You need to demonstrate an ability to do the job, not just an ability to learn and pass exams. As an interviewer, one of the big things I look for in a person is common sense.... and there isn't much of that around!

Awww...never mind, I am sure you will improve with time.

Archived