I have a serious problem, I can't stop biting my nails!

I've always bitten my nails because nail clippers just aren't good enough, i have it down to a fine art these days you can't even tell that i bit them off.

Mind you if i didn't i'd just tear them off rock climbing and they'd get in the way of playing guitar.

Get an emery board, and keep them filed really smoothly.

Until the damaged bits grow out, file every rough bit you can find. After a bit, you should be able to stop filing over the bed of the nail but still keep filing the length so it's almost indistinguishable from your fingers.

You'll probably find that if there's nothing interesting to go at (which there won't be because it'll all be smooth) you'll have nothing to pick at so won't be able to keep biting them.

Once you seem to have lost interest in them, you can try letting them grow a little but still make sure you prevent any tempting rough bits!

Move to Saudi, and become a pickpocket.

You will only need to be caught twice.:hihi:

Seriously, I used to bite my nails,and gave up the habit at about your age.

It is simply a matter of determination.

Like all things, once you get over it, you wonder why you ever did it.

It's called 'Bitter Alloes'

As I said, I have tried all these and variations of and at the end I'd the day like I said, I can always just wash my hands then continue... And it really doesn't taste that horrid, and the taste only lasts a few seconds at most :/

Archived