"Talibanisation" of children

I always enjoy a good Daily Mail rant.

The sort of behaviour described is ridiculous religious fundamentalism and I suspect, just as common amongst our more peculiar christian, or jewish or hindu sects as it is within islam. This issue is wholly ignored by the author, who under editorial guidance probably believes the anti-islam angle will sell more papers. Sad

I have a lot of time for YASMIN ALIBHAI-BROWN, she does seem to talk a lot of sense and many of the things mentioned are troubling and I have also noticed them myself but it is not the majority. Maybe the adults in the UK be allowed to experience the richness of other newspapers than the Daily Mail just to have a more balanced outlook on life.

Shouldn't children brought up in the UK be allowed to experience the richness of our culture and their education?

Yes they should. Its cruel to force such restrictive values on any child.

The truely sad thing is that children are growing up thinking this is the right way to behave when clearly it is not.

I have a lot of time for YASMIN ALIBHAI-BROWN, she does seem to talk a lot of sense and many of the things mentioned are troubling and I have also noticed them myself but it is not the majority. Maybe the adults in the UK be allowed to experience the richness of other newspapers than the Daily Mail just to have a more balanced outlook on life.

My bold.

So what?

Does this mean its less cruel?

I do not think it does.

This is an interesting article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1300449/The-Talibanisation-British-childhood-hardline-parents.html

Shouldn't children brought up in the UK be allowed to experience the richness of our culture and their education?

I agree.

Im against such behaviour by anybody.all strictly religious people seem the same though,the way they use it to control children resulting in abuse.

I'm against that whatever.

I believe in God but hate religion generally.

Its just outdated brainwashing/population control.

I don't believe any child should be excused from any part of the national cursus/curriculum on any ideological ground.

Assuming the facts reported are averred, someone high up is seriously lacking some political brass ones, for sure.

My bold.

So what?

Does this mean its less cruel?

I do not think it does.

No it doesn't. But it's no less cruel to raise our kids to believe that the Daily Mail is a beacon to journalism and truth. The Mail survives on hate, bigotry, homophobia, racism or anything else it can conjure to inflame tension. Not too unlike the Taliban.

The govt.'s recent legislation has now given Muslim communities the means to set up their own state-funded madrasas. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of these in Sheffield in the near future.

Exposure to 'our culture' is the thing that hard-line Imams fear most in the education of Muslim children and Muslim academies will give them an increased opportunity to excersize their subversive influence.

Archived