Unfair or discrimination or is she just too sensitive?

Why do you suppose that would be? They'd already chastised the child concerned.

Because, bearing in mind discrimination rules, schools tend to be overly sensitive about racism. I was commenting on the OP's thread which only gives one side of the story. So my comment may be a stereotypical response.

Hopefully the other child will also be a marked man too, and recalling my own encounters with teachers they don't need a card in order to remember your indiscretions, even years later ;)

From my earlier post you may see that the teachers are the least of my worries it’s what happens to the reports they file that bothers me.

Could you imagine if the kid needing a CRB check for a job and it comes back that he as a racist mark against his name.

Why didn't your friend appeal against it?. They could have written to the school board expressing their disappointment of there not being any disciplinary procedures set in place to deal with bigotry against disability.

..an eminently sensible response. I'm sure the school haven't even thought about the eventuality of a disabled child being picked on.

They're good with protocol, but cant think too well outside the box, once this is brought to their attention formally Im sure its something that's easily rectified.

Why didn't your friend appeal against it?. They could have written to the school board expressing their disappointment of there not being any disciplinary procedures set in place to deal with bigotry against disability. They could have then notified the school board of their disapproval of the blatantly obvious double standard from which they are operating.
I would go down that road and would argue the case that a child with learning difficulties is not going to and should not be expected to grasp all aspects of what is right and wrong, they cannot use the comparison with what 'normal' children are expected to know.

Its difficult I imagine to educate children with learning difficulties and cases like this leave me with the sense that schools would sooner not have to have that problem and pass the buck. If this child does not understand the implications and the school is not willing to put the effort in, and rather just make a statement the child's in the wrong instead of educating, then what hope is there ?

From my earlier post you may see that the teachers are the least of my worries it’s what happens to the reports they file that bothers me.

Could you imagine if the kid needing a CRB check for a job and it comes back that they have a racist mark against his name.

Yes, I agree as I said in the post you responded to that if that were the case it's use should be even handed.

Ps: I dont think instances of school kids falling out would ever be relevant to a CRB check btw.

Because, bearing in mind discrimination rules, schools tend to be overly sensitive about racism.
It also assumes that they believe black parents are less likely to take seriously incidents of their children behaving badly, especially against the disabled, when in my own experience I know that is not the case.

All schools have difficult parents, and they come from all across the racial spectrum, I'm sure teachers dont relish the prospect of dealing with any of them.

It would help to know exactly what was said. If a child has been disciplined for pointing out that someone with black skin has black skin, I'd be getting the national papers involved and forcing the governors and/or head teacher out of the business. If it was ... rather more offensive language than that, there may well be a case for discipline - but that still doesn't explain why the person who was offensive to disabled people is treated far less harshly than the one who was offensive to blacks.

Possibly, as Boyfriday suggested, it's just something they don't have a policy for, in which case they need to make one.

Archived