Unfair or discrimination or is she just too sensitive?

Oh, I thought you were just referring to the incident with the black child. So your friend believes her child is being victimised by the institution?

Not at all, my mate thinks that serious bullying has taken place and the school have point blank refused to accept it.

I could pm you with many many details of what has happened in the past which i cannot put up here :)

Yes; but based on what information we have, the comments were not racial, nor discriminatory, nor offensve, and the school are entirely in the wrong.
None of which matters, as the child has already been disciplined. And yes, the school is in the wrong.

Not at all, my mate thinks that serious bullying has taken place and the school have point blank refused to accept it.

I could pm you with many many details of what has happened in the past which i cannot put up here :)

Sure, sorry what I meant is that the incident with the black child is secondary to the wider issues she has with the school?

I'm guessing the other incidents of bullying against your friend's child have also gone unpunished too or she wouldn't be complaining? So it seems colour of the last one's skin isn't that relevant, since all the kids appear to be getting away with bullying this disabled boy?

Sure, sorry what I meant is that the incident with the black child is secondary to the wider issues she has with the school?

I'm guessing the other incidents of bullying against your friend's child have also gone unpunished too or she wouldn't be complaining? So it seems colour of the last one's skin isn't that relevant, since all the kids appear to be getting away with bullying this disabled boy?

It is just that as soon as colour of skin was mentioned then all hell got let loose but this child has been reporting incidents of bullying for the last two years and was told to "raise above it"

[/b]

It is just that as soon as colour of skin was mentioned then all hell got let loose but this child has been reporting incidents of bullying for the last two years and was told to "raise above it"

Well from what you said both kids were spoken to and your friend's son received this card, which was over the top, but isn't really hell breaking loose.

If your friend hasn't done so already she should ask, in writing, what the reasons were for her child receiving the card and the reasons why the other child didn't.

Any learning difficulties the child may have are irrelevant. The school would have dealt with it no differently if another child had said it.

I have to disagree. The school should have dealt appropriately not differently. Does the OP state which learning difficulty the child has because that may make a difference to how the school deal with him/her.

I have to disagree. The school should have dealt appropriately not differently. Does the OP state which learning difficulty the child has because that may make a difference to how the school deal with him/her.

The child is on the autistic spectrum.

No

Could you tell me where the connection is please.

But anyway, I'm not sure what the kid said that was racist - they might want to take it to the governors tbh

In this country it seem to have developed, under the last goverment, that anything said referring to a person of a different colour can be classed as racist when in fact in this case an observation was being made regarding a fact.

Archived