More over zealous police..

The back window looks tinted and I'm not sure some of the decals are standard.

The rear windows are often factory tinted on that particular vehicle, I think Land Rover call it 'privacy glass', not sure about the decals though.

According to the news report:

Mr Whatley was found guilty of not wearing a seatbelt, failing to stop for a police officer and having tinted car windows which did not conform to legal requirements but cleared of failing to stop after an accident.

He also admitted having a registration plate which did not adhere to regulations.

Reading that article, I don't think they are as bad as they sound.

The guy drove off after being stopped once already. So no wonder they used those tactics.

The guy drove off when asked to stop by the police. The police involved were not privy, at that time, as to the age or medical history of the offender.

I think you should be alowed to not wear a seat belt if you dont want to. It would be dangerous not to, but i've never understood why its a crime.

Because if you crash and are flung through the windscreen you may harm a passerby. That would be rather selfish of you.

Archived