More over zealous police..

What has his age got to do with anything?

Absolutely nothing - that's what I meant - that the police didn't have that information when they stopped him so it is of no relevance. I am agreeing with what you said.

The guy drove off when asked to stop by the police. The police involved were not privy, at that time, as to the age or medical history of the offender.

obviously they were privvy to his age, theyd stopped him once, for all we know he may have already mentioned any medical issues.........we never hear the full story.

i still stand by my original statement that it was over the top, specially as i just said THEY KNEW how old he was as theyd just stopped him.......and i bet they even had his reg plates logged too.

as depoix said, theres other ways of dealing with him instead of pursuit.

but even after a pursuit most dont even get their windows brayed in

PLUS

as nobodys already mentioned........again the police must think theres something untoward gone on as they suspended the officers involved straight away

..........that couldve ended in tragedy.

just seen on sky news video footage of police jumping out of a vehicle to arrest a 70 year old man for not wearing a seatbelt.

one was smashing the drivers side window in and one was on the bonnet kicking the windscreen in.

The man alledgedly has previously had a stroke and takes medication for a heart problem.

now this isnt a "go" at the police, but it yet again highlights the extremes SOME officers will go to "get their man"

surely smashing their way in to a driver ISNT the best way to deal with a none worn seatbelt?

ive had a look on sky and bbc sites for more details about it and hopefully the video but cant find it as yet

Sounds like he shouldn't have been driving in the first place! I would like to see the video because I can't imagine the police going to these measures just because his belt was not on.

..........that couldve ended in tragedy.

just seen on sky news video footage of police jumping out of a vehicle to arrest a 70 year old man for not wearing a seatbelt.

one was smashing the drivers side window in and one was on the bonnet kicking the windscreen in.

The man alledgedly has previously had a stroke and takes medication for a heart problem.

now this isnt a "go" at the police, but it yet again highlights the extremes SOME officers will go to "get their man"

surely smashing their way in to a driver ISNT the best way to deal with a none worn seatbelt?

ive had a look on sky and bbc sites for more details about it and hopefully the video but cant find it as yet

A poor effort of discreditation through absurdity. The fact that you are looking for videos suggests that you don't have the facts but rather you go on what you are told in the media. Media companies do not publish news, they peddle opinions ... and generally for their personal gain.

And drum roll while the pro establishment lot cue up to defend them.

70 year old bloke eh ? must have been a real threat, poor coppers.

I'm not sure that the range rover with illegal high tint windows had a sticker saying "I'm a pensioner" in the back window. So they probably didn't see his age until they'd managed to gain access and pull him out of the vehicle.

Archived