14 year old girl sailing solo around world.. Jeeez!

You really know how to put a parents mind at ease don't you:hihi:

Even if she's a very experienced and competent sailor there's a serious possibility she'll die. But she'll be really living in a way that few people in the western world ever do these days.

Wow, over six pages in one day! Is the girl a Muslim?!?!

Sorry, I won't read through all the posts, but I'll just say that I'm sure every single poster here is fully supportive of the girl.

After all, Sheffield isn't the sort of backward, small-minded place where we criticise youth for wasting their lives hanging round on street corners, while also criticising those youngsters who want to do something amazing with their lives, is it?

x x

Even if she's a very experienced and competent sailor there's a serious possibility she'll die. But she'll be really living in a way that few people in the western world ever do these days.
I agree, there's a very strong possibility she might die, that's why I could not, would not agree to it if it was my child.

Sorry, I won't read through all the posts, but I'll just say that I'm sure every single poster here is fully supportive of the girl.

After all, Sheffield isn't the sort of backward, small-minded place where we criticise youth for wasting their lives hanging round on street corners, while also criticising those youngsters who want to do something amazing with their lives, is it?

x x

:hihi::hihi::hihi:.....................

x x

Muslim.. *check*

Backward.. *check*

Small minded.. *check*

Godwin.................. *Doh!*

How could you forget Godwin. Sorry, but no cigar.

We all have our backward and small minded brethren, we do well to indulge them.

I agree, there's a very strong possibility she might die, that's why I could not, would not agree to it if it was my child.

If she dies the parents might make a few guilders (or whatever they use in Holland these days) selling her story or whatever they want to make up to the Dutch equivalent of the Daily Mail

They seem to be a cold hearted couple. I wonder if they'll lie awake at night wondering where that 14 year old is, what problems she dealing with, for the next several months

If she dies the parents might make a few guilders (or whatever they use in Holland these days) selling her story or whatever they want to make up to the Dutch equivalent of the Daily Mail

They seem to be a cold hearted couple. I wonder if they'll lie awake at night wondering where that 14 year old is, what problems she dealing with, for the next several months

How on earth does helping your daughter achieve her dream count as cold hearted? It sounds like they are doing everything possible to help her succeed.

And it wont be guilders - they've used the Euro for about a decade now.

Archived