14 year old girl sailing solo around world.. Jeeez!

Absolutely, this is because the welfare of my kids come second to nothing. I feel your glass maybe completely empty:roll:.

Call me cynical, but hearing parents say this kind of thing always puts my hackles up.

You've hit the nail on the head here. You're right. Some on here would actually revel in the fact that she would hopefully die just to prove a point
.What pathetic thing to say.

Posted by Alien

Very sad individuals that probably had an upbringing that was very poor. I'm amazed at the meanness of those that were probably dragged up and wear the chip on their shoulders with bitter pride and mask that bitterness with their own deluded sense of what is right for mine is right for everyone as some sort of Spock type theory on how and how not to raise your kids.

You're the one who's looking down their nose.. you're the one who's resorting to bully tactics, name calling, ridiculing the upbringing of others.. so who's carrying the chip on their shoulder?

I thinks it's really weird as well seeing as I never said that.

You said - ''Parenting should always be more about the parent than the child''.

How else can that be read other than in the sense I read it?

You said - ''Parenting should always be more about the parent than the child''.

How else can that be read other than in the sense I read it?

Where do NEEDS come into it?.. where do I imply that my needs, or the needs of all parents should be put before a child's?

Archived