14 year old girl sailing solo around world.. Jeeez!

Why is it harmless for the most part?.. We're not talking about taking a skinny-dip here, we talking about being thousands of miles from land, freak storms appearing from nowhere, it's unforgiving out there.

The sea is quite the most unforgiving thing on the planet this is true!, but thanks to modern technology we can for the most part circumvent and avoid the worst of it's wiles, which is a lot more than can be said for our daily life which is massively unpredictable.

The sea is for the most part harmless these days for the majority of us the odds of your being lost at sea are very slim, these odds go up for a professional sailor but as long as you are on a well founded boat and know your business you are generally safe from all but the most freakish of occasions.

The sea is quite the most unforgiving thing on the planet this is true!, but thanks to modern technology we can for the most part circumvent and avoid the worst of it's wiles, which is a lot more than can be said for our daily life which is massively unpredictable.

The sea is for the most part harmless these days for the majority of us the odds of your being lost at sea are very slim, these odds go up for a professional sailor but as long as you are on a well founded boat and know your business you are generally safe from all but the most freakish of occasions.

So your reasoning on the sea being harmless for the most part is that "for most of us", the chances of being lost at sea are very slim?.. that's astounding!.

So your reasoning on the sea being harmless for the most part is that "for most of us", the chances of being lost at sea are very slim?.. that's astounding!.

No that's obvious.

I assume you haven't spent much time at sea from your posts, but the sea is a very changeable thing it may spend weeks looking like a mill pond where in a sailing boat you will be going nowhere, for the most part it is a endless load of swells that vary in height but are not dangerous.

Then just occasionally you get a nasty storm which is truly dangerous but controllable if you are a decent seaman on a good boat, and modern technology (assuming no malfunctions) will warn you of such an event giving you time to either get clear or prepare.

The thing you really have to watch for are the sudden squalls that can knock a sailing boat on it's side with little or no warning, but as i said these are not common they're just bad luck.

.What pathetic thing to say.

You're the one who's looking down their nose.. you're the one who's resorting to bully tactics, name calling, ridiculing the upbringing of others.. so who's carrying the chip on their shoulder?

Funny how my post wasn't a reply or directed at anyone specifically...but you were the only one to reply with the above.....did I scratch an itch?

The thing is with you danot is you lack any vision in anything you post on. Danot's way is the only way come hell or high water (pardon the pun). It's no small mercy that this child was not born to you otherwise she would be under constant rule of danot's thumb. You suffocate discussion with your blinkered foresight and no doubt you suffocate those around you. You accuse the father of being a bad parent because he doesn't follow danot's parental code. Try asking the question that maybe this father gets good time with his daughter through a healthy lifestyle. Unlike yourself who sits at a computer all day and night. If you wish to pontificate on parenting please tell us what you do (with your kids rather than what we or others shouldn't) outside of being on a computer.

Btw..nobody has to insult you...you really manage that quite well just by typing.

As I implied earlier...this thread has nothing to do with the kid and parenting really. It's about the have and the have nots. My guess is you are a have not with no vision to move forward other than to try and lower others to your miserable level. Sickly rich spoilt kid or not, you won't get me on board because the alternative is sickly bitter...you do that well, keep chewing on it.

Why is it harmless for the most part?.. We're not talking about taking a skinny-dip here, we talking about being thousands of miles from land, freak storms appearing from nowhere, it's unforgiving out there.

It's quite obvious you really haven't got a clue what you're talking about as regards sailing.

I should think the odds of her coming to harm on the high seas are far less than if she were to stay at home, it almost impossible to list the number of things that can happen in normal daily life .

Whereas at sea those risks are dramatically reduced in number though the sea is the most dangerous force on the planet it is also a force that for the most part is generally harmless.

and of course having been brought up doing this for a big part of her life, it is something that will come as second nature to her.

and of course having been brought up doing this for a big part of her life, it is something that will come as second nature to her.

Try not to let simple facts get in the way of a rant.

You don't say:rolleyes:.

How can you possibly compare my reluctance to allow a child of mine to sail solo around the world, to your admiration and willingness to support your daughter with her passion for dancing?.. the two are incomparably different. I wouldn't have an issue with my daughter doing the same as yours, simply because the likelyhood of her being killed doing it are minuscule in comparison to sailing solo around the world.

Absolutely, this is because the welfare of my kids come second to nothing. I feel your glass maybe completely empty:roll:.

I knew that this is exactly what you would say. Of course there isnt a comparison. What you missed was that I was trying to explain that every young person has or should have a dream. The dream for her and for my daughter is different, but it doesn't matter as if you stand in the way of a young persons dream, you stand in their path of inspiration.

Better to be doing something with their life than standing on street corners smoking pot and have nothing to aim for, nothing to wake up in the morning for and end up with nothing really to look forward to.

If you think my glass is completely empty you obviously dont read my posts.

Whether you think you can or you think you cant, you're probably right..

I love it when people start topics like this as, after reading through them you realise that the reason that they started up the topic is often to deal with their own insecurities about something.

There was a thread started on something similar a while ago where the Father had discovered that his daughter had gone to a clinc to get some advice about contraception and had been offered and given some sort of implant without the consent of the parent..MMM.. I wonder if it is a Father thing??:huh:

because i dont think it is adding more danger its just replacing some dangers with others, lets face it it cuts out the risk of being hit by a bus, being stabbed,raped, murdered,

and getting addicted to hard core drugs..:help:

Archived