14 year old girl sailing solo around world.. Jeeez!

You would if your kid inspired confidence..maybe your kids don't inspire confidence?
I would if my kids inspired confidence?.. which implies that my kids don't inspire confidence. Is that what you're implying Alien?

Yes, I've considered all of that, but she's still only 14. Too young to be doing this.

Do you base this on age or knowing the child personally? Or do you think that all children at that age are one in the same? Would you think differently as in "jeeez" if it was a boy?

What is it that the child will be incapable of doing without you being there?
There's lots of things they are incapable of doing, with or without me being there. There are also things that I wouldn't allow them yo do, and this happens to be one of them.

its all very well saying that but how many people as adult now 'planned to do something that was a once in a life time activitie when they were older' but ended up with responsabilitys like work/partner/kids/morgage and then never got to do it!
Not many, most have kids at 16, maybe that's due to liberal attitudes to parenting?

I would if my kids inspired confidence?.. which implies that my kids don't inspire confidence. Is that what you're implying Alien?

Well of course i'm implying it. Do you have confidence in your kids? And if not at what point does your confidence come into question?

I wouldn't be confident in my kids sailing around the world but then again my kids don't sail...if they did and showed outstanding ability (as obvious this kid does) then my attitude would differ. If dad is sticking her in a boat because he just won the lottery..then yes, stooopid! My guess tho is she has lots of sailing experience and shown capable. If not then the dad and everyone involved needs to be reported to social services.

Did you ever leave your children at 14 to go to the pub?

You are far less likely to die on a camping trip than you are in everyday life due to the lack of motor vehicles.
So you'd agree to your 14 year old camping out.. somewhere!, for weeks on end so long as they keep in contact?

Not many, most have kids at 16, maybe that's due to liberal attitudes to parenting?

but surely its better to do it just before starting the heavy 2 years of gcse's rather than just after gcse's when it would be taking time out from sixth form then college then university.

meant the sailing of course not having kids, which by the way most don't have kids at 16 at all some do not most.

Archived